7 October 2026

Quiztime

 

In this big wide world there are many strange or funny place names. I am going to give you ten such place names and you are invited to match them up with the jumbled answers given below - all countries or two American states. I feel sure that some visitors will have been to these places. Good luck! (You'll need it!)

⦿

PLACES...

1. Shitagoo Lake
2. Condom
3. Shit
4. Horneytown
5. Piles
6. Bottom Bush Scenic Reserve
7. Rectum
8. Mount Fanny
9. Dickshooter
10. Shitterton

COUNTRIES... 

a) Spain
b) Netherlands
c) New Zealand
d) Iran
e) Australia
f)  France
g)  Canada
h) England
i) North Carolina USA
j) Idaho USA


How did you do?

24 comments:

  1. ANSWERS
    1. Shitagoo Lake = g) Canada
    2. Condom = f) France
    3. Shit = d) Iran
    4. Horneytown = i) USA North Carolina
    5. Piles = a) Spain
    6. Bottom Bush Scenic Reserve = c) New Zealand
    7. Rectum = b) Netherlands
    8. Mount Fanny = e) Australia
    9. Dickshooter = j) USA Idaho
    10. Shitterton = h) England

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will say that I have no idea where, or why, these vile named places are or why I should want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea where any of these places are locted -- not even Canada's Shitagoo Lake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is probably because you are a sophisticated, well-educated woman of noble birth.

      Delete
  4. I didn't even attempt this quiz because every answer would have been a guess. I have never heard of ANY of these places!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With all the books you read Kelly - I felt sure that some of them would have been set in such memorably named places.

      Delete
  5. I must have heard of Mount Fanny in Australia. The rest would be pointless guesses. But wait, I also got Shitterton in England too. Maybe I've heard of that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt sure that you would know about Piles Andrew.

      Delete
  6. I got No 10 right, but really couldn't be bothered guessing the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big Fat 0 for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. After I'd stopped laughing, I got 0. I hate quizzes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably the rudest place name in Lancashire is Nob End. Then you have Slag Lane in Lowton, Manchester. I believe that Liz Truss grew up there.

      Delete
  9. Where did you dig up these crazy place names? That's a zero from me, but I did get a chuckle. Have you ever been to Shitterton? That might be my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shitterton would be a good new name for Mar-a-Lago.

      Delete
  10. Failed miserably. You'll be interested to know there's a Pratts Bottom near where I live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you saying that Boris Johnson is a local resident?

      Delete
  11. I'm not even trying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps the rudest place name in Illinois is Effingham.

      Delete
  12. You forgot Dildo, Newfoundland.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, THIS was entertaining. I got Shitterton and Mount Fanny, but missed all the others. I looked up a few on Google Maps -- Rectum and Shit are much prettier than you might think!

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits