- When I pass roadworks why is that there is seldom anybody there working?
- Why is that when I do see workmen at roadworks they are on their smartphones?
- Why do much vaunted celestial night sky events always seem to hide behind clouds?
- Why do I receive up to one hundred new junk e-mails every day?
- Why do the people who send out these annoying junk e-mails think that it is okay to do that?
- In the south-western sector of Sheffield, why did we have a half hour power cut on Tuesday night?
- When I used Google to find the reason for that power cut why could I not find an answer?
- Why do my trousers threaten to fall down whenever I am wearing a belt?
- Why does corn pop to make popcorn?
- Why are there know-all trolls in the blogosphere?
- Why does anybody admire or support the English right wing politician Nigel Farage?
- Why is it it so difficult to get the last drop of tomato ketchup out of a plastic "Heinz" bottle?
- Why do a significant number of Muslim women wear burkhas, niqabs and hijabs?
- Why does anybody read "The Daily Mail"?
- Why are there so many TV programmes that involve celebrities - in quiz programmes, skills contests and "reality" shows?
- Why do so many TV viewers seem to enjoy these celebrity-oriented shows?
- Why do a small number of adults get off on perverted ideas about sex with children and sometimes follow those vile perversions through?
- Why did the state of Tennessee reach the conclusion that Christa Pike should be given a lethal injection?
- Why didn't that lethal injection work?
- Why do the poor get poorer and the rich get richer?
- Why did The Duke and Duchess of Sussex return to England to set up a new home with their two children?
- Why didn't they stay in California as promised?
- Why do I have so many football programmes?
- Why do many people claim to like ABBA?
- Why do I never run out of "whys"?
With thanks to Bob Slatten at "I Should Be Laughing"
Why do I see one workman on the road works and two watching, like slow tv?
ReplyDeleteWhy-oh-why indeed?
DeleteWho can explain it ? Who can tell you why ?
ReplyDeleteFools give you reasons. Wise men never try.
Oscar Hammerstein.
Some Enchanted Evening. YouTube.
Giorgio Tozzi dubbed for Rossano Brazzi in the movie South Pacific.
Ezio Pinza sang it in the 1947 Broadway production. Al Jolson recorded it.
A friend age 77 (two years my senior) called the song Twee.
We nearly came to blows. Tom's an old hippie & Bob Dylan fan.
An old hippie and Bob Dylan fan? My kind of guy.
DeleteWell, I liked all your why's. Asking questions gets you thinking and you may have to defend yourself on some of them
ReplyDeleteAt least they are whys and not wines!
DeleteWHY do you think we would know the answers to your why's?
ReplyDeleteWhy so contrary...Mary?
DeleteA question I have been asking myself lately: Why has esteemed blogger Yorkshire Pudding stopped replying to comments the way he used to do? Are comments still welcome at all, or should I interpret the lack of replies as disinterest?
ReplyDeleteSorry. I have let some comments through without reply but I do read them all. As I used to write on children's reports - "Must try harder".
DeleteYP has joined the ranks of those who pick and choose which comments he replies to.
DeleteGrrrr! No comment!
DeleteSo many questions and not enough answers. You could always have a 'cleaning break' on your emails and unsubscribe many of them. Trolls are trolls I much prefer the story of the wicked old troll that lived under the bridge at least the three billy goats got the better of him. Silliness does pay its way sometimes.
ReplyDeleteI love reading "The Three Billy Goats Gruff" to the little ones. Perhaps I see myself as the modern day equivalent of the ugly troll under the bridge.
DeleteYou missed the biggest one, Why does my brain go on overdrive in the early hours of the morning?
ReplyDeleteThat's the crack cocaine dear!
DeleteSome of these questions go through my head every night at 1 am, 3am and 4am. I think you and I need to take a chill pill, as we shall never get answers to most of them.
ReplyDeleteCan you get chill pills on prescription? Perhaps Kay* can help?
Delete*Chardonnay? Daisy? Margaret?
re Your 4th 'why', I have suddenly started receiving huge amounts of spam Emails. Mostly they seem to be from Gambling Casinos; I'm not even a GAMBLER. Grrrrrr!
ReplyDeleteNot a gambler? But years ago you put all your money on a frisky Swedish filly! A lot of my junk e-mails are about setting me up with young Ukrainian women. Hell, I don't even speak Ukrainian!
DeleteWhy not present your why-list to AI? Maybe it has the answers! ;)
ReplyDeleteMaybe so. A.I. is taking over from God but where have the angels gone?
DeleteAI might know that too... (I haven't asked, though!)
DeleteWhy ... everything!!!
ReplyDeleteWhy Bob? (Because the doorway is lower than you think)
DeleteMy mother would have answered, "because!"
ReplyDeleteEasy to tell that you have inherited many of her genes David!
DeleteI believe there are two potential answers to all of the above: 1) entropy and 2) stupidity.
ReplyDeleteThanks my friend!
DeleteAlso, the angels are now entirely occupied with dancing on the heads of pins. They think it's cool.
ReplyDeleteWell you should know about angels having visited Los Angeles!
DeleteYou just have a very inquisitive mind!
ReplyDeleteOh good! That means I do not require therapy!
DeleteHave you been saving up a list of "Why's" or did you think of all of these as you wrote the post?
ReplyDeleteWhy? No - I had not been saving them up Ellen!
Delete