22 October 2009

Seeya

In the morning I'm heading down to Heathrow Airport by National Express coach... then to Madrid where at midnight I will be flying down to Santiago... about thirteen hours in the air. Earlier today I was in "Hotmail" when a message popped up from Iberia - the Spanish airline. Time to check in and choose my seat. I was on to it straight away and secured a precious emergency exit seat with the extra leg room. Brilliant!

The research is done, the accommodation is booked and most of the linking transport. I am shaking myself out of my post-retirement lethargy. This isn't a holiday, it's an adventure. I aim to add to this blog whilst in the southern hemisphere but opportunity may be limited. I am going to see the moai. I will touch their chiselled trunks, visit the quarries which bore them and wonder about the mysterious culture that conceived them.

It's all much better than doing what my next door neighbour's son will be doing tomorrow - travelling to hospital for an eight hour operation to remove a benign brain tumour. Entry will be through one of his ears - resulting in permanent hearing loss in that ear. Good luck William! Be brave!

11 comments:

  1. Guess I'm too late to wish you Bon Voyage. Hope you have/had a happy adventure. My thoughts and prayers are also with your neighbour, poor man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding! Enjoy your adventure and come back with lots of stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a safe flight going and coming and a grand adventure in-between. We will twiddle our thumbs until you return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a good time.

    Bring us back some chocolate eggs

    ReplyDelete
  5. have a blast! btw, I left you a comment on your cellular post. Enjoy the leg room and best wishes to your neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh I hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic. We expect the most marvelous photos and commentary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you have a wonderful time, YP. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look forward to hearing about your adventures. And hope young William is soon on the road to recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. EVERYBODY Wow! Thanks for all those good wishes. I wonder if Valdivia the founder of Chile had so many messages of good luck before he set out in thye middle of the fiftenth century....from Mr Pudding in Santiago.

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits