1 June 2022

June

It is rather pleasing - to me at least - that I managed to create a blogpost every day in the month of May. But now we have arrived in June, I can't think of anything to blog about so June is getting off to a rather unpromising start.

I thought of following Bob's example. Bob is the author of "I Should Be Laughing" out of Camden, South Carolina. Just about every week he posts a bunch of political cartoons. I thought of doing the same in relation to  Britain's odious prime minister - Johnson.  Maybe I will do that in the future but tonight there was not enough time.

Then I thought of following Steve's example. Steve is the author of "Shadows and Light" out of West Hampstead, London. Frequently he creates blogposts that are illustrated with jolly fine  pictures of plants and flowers from his garden oasis. I thought that maybe I could do the same after a photographic stroll round our garden but darkness was already falling when that idea came to me. Besides from a floral perspective our garden is less impressive. Even so, I might do that some time.

I considered re-posting  a blogpost I had made on June 1st in a previous year. The idea of re-posting is I think worthwhile. After all, the visitors who came here ten or fifteen years ago are nearly all different from the people who come to call in 2022.  This is an idea that I think I will follow up some time soon.

There's a lot of hurt and anxiety in the world right now. I thought I might make a blogpost that was entirely light-hearted and kind of soothing. Something of an antidote to the pain of Ukraine,  B.Johnson's arrogance, money worries and the escalating price of fuel and food, shootings in America, Trump waiting in the wings for a possible return, forgotten suffering in Yemen, the plight of the Uyghur people in China, homelessness, declining numbers of birds and  insects and fish and wild mammals. We need lightness and humour in our lives to keep us afloat. Like medicine.

Well though this June 1st blogpost is more or less about nothing at all, at least I managed to make a post to start the month off. Only twenty nine days to go.

24 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:01 am

    As someone commented to me about a non post I published, 'You managed to get your usual number of comments even though you didn't really write a post'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It takes great talent to blog about nothing at all! I sometimes blog about nothing but with me it's not talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your humbleness is something to be proud of sir!

      Delete
  3. It was like a Seinfeld episode:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I have never seen a single episode of that.

      Delete
  4. I am experiencing the opposite: There is too much I want to write about, my backlog of blog posts I have in mind growing every day. Time just never seems to be enough these days, what with work, hospital visits (my Dad) and many other activities.
    So, maybe next time you don't know what to write about, you could ghost-write for me instead! How about a few book reviews, or describing my business trip to Berlin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sat on the train polishing my nails as we headed north. I hadn't visited Berlin in a long time. The journey seemed shorter than I remembered. We were approaching the outskirts of the capital so I nipped into the toilet to freshen up and comb my hair. "Gosh! How nice I look!" I said to myself. "OK is one hell of a lucky guy!"

      Delete
  5. Always come to your blog anticipating something interesting and you never fail, so take a holiday now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You managed to fit a lot into it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lot of words for a post about nothing much. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As William Shakespeare said, "Nothing will come of nothing!"

      Delete
  8. It's a blog post about the process of making a blog post -- which isn't nothing! (And is quite interesting to other bloggers, since all of us face the question of what to post.)

    I bet you could find plenty of interesting things to photograph in your garden. You don't need flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do it soon. At least you will be interested Steve!

      Delete
  9. Your post is about ideas and choices, and things past, and things to come!
    I, personally, would love to see some British political cartoons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay I will do that soon. Specially for you Bob and sod any conservatives who object!

      Delete
  10. I used to post every single day, sometimes multiple times a day back when I was just starting 20 years ago. Eventually though I just ran out of steam and the quality wasn't there and so I slowed down and settled on three posts a week. That has sustained me for over a dozen years and served me well but as you know, I recently starting bringing back some old posts to serve up to the new reading crowd, if you can call it a crowd. This eases the pressure even more but delays my posts so they aren't close to real time anymore. I'm not sure how I feel about that and so have experimented with putting real time posts in-between the reclaimed posts. The jury is still out on where I'll find a happy medium.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be working well right now Ed.

      Delete
  11. Sometimes, in the face of all the bad news and horror of the world, the only thing that you can do is to do a bit of pottering. My vegetable garden is a comforting place to be right now, and I know that sounds like a cop out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all Debby. It is a natural way of putting all the newsworthy doom and gloom to the back of your mind - at least for a few hours.

      Delete
  12. Your posts are usually interesting and you should just keep doing what you have been doing! Your list of troubles in the world sure brought me down so you will need some very happy posts to balance that out soon... Better if we could fix some of those troubles but it is hard to know where to begin or what I can do...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As individuals we are pretty powerless Ellen. Like trout fish we just have to go with the flow - even if there's a waterfall ahead.

      Delete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits