11 January 2023

Rap

WARNING  
1) The following rap song contains language of a vulgar
nature that some readers may find offensive.

2)  The written  lyrics and vocal delivery attempt to reflect 
a typical West Yorkshire (Barnsley) dialect that some visitors 
may find impenetrable - like an obscure foreign language.

mc guy bringin it t thi one more time
direct from yorkshire init

av got a message to tell
thi its about thi dinner
so get ya ass upto yorkshire
ya guna be a winner
forget about thi pasta
and thi curry and rices
we got summert better
than thi far east spices
a couple of eggs an some milk and flour
a pudding like no other
and you'll wank for a hour
ah thi bloody lovely when
thas had a few beers but
if tha eats em off handover
the fucker disappears

we dunt care were tha's

from cud russia to china
ya could be the owner of a big
posh diner ya smell that smell
tha's guna come running ya never
had a dish like a yorkshire pudding
ya never experienced yorkishire
till thas had a yorkshire pudding

na dunt thi be complaining

tha might have ova spent cos
i eat yorkshire puddings
an im lact to intollerence so dunt
tell me all them naff excuses
if ya offered a yorkshire
pudding then tha never refuses
bang on for thi ladys
an its great for lads
an a seperate plates traditional
wen tha mekkin it for thi dad
na be reyts its best with
gravy pork or chicken
an it will mek a sunday roast that you
will want to put ya put ya dick in

we dunt care were tha's

from cud russia to china
ya could be the owner of a big
posh diner ya smell that smell
tha's guna come running ya never
had a dish like a yorkshire pudding

no we dunt care were tha's
from cud russia to china
ya could be the owner of a big
posh diner ya smell that smell
tha's guna come running cos ya never
had a dish like a yorkshire pudding

ere mum ah thi dun yet ?

course they are cock ow manys
tha want with thi dinner ?
al have about 6 on separate plate
with gravy an mint sauce
oreyt cock ..

whats bleeding yorkshire pudding then ?

tha wat ? ya never heard of yorkshire
pud mam sort her owt love sort her owt

a say we dunt care were tha's
from cud russia to china
ya could be the owner of a big
posh diner ya smell that smell
tha's guna come running cos ya never
had a dish like a yorkshire pudding

come on love ill give thi recipe thas
never had nowt like a yorkshire pudding

al have two ?

two tha wants at least
severn whats up wi thi

29 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS! And I'm going to make Gregg listen to it when he gets home from work! Thanks, Neil. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am surprised you even understand it Jennifer!

      Delete
  2. This goes on for a long time. It's hard to believe how English is so different in some places. Yes, I her that sometimes when somebody around here is trying to be funny. The Micro Manager was born in Barnsley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Micro Manager could learn the rap and sing it to your friends and neighbours.

      Delete
  3. Well, Neil, I had to google Yorkshire pudding because I never understand what it really is. It looks a bit like a popover to me or a sort of pancake but not really a dessert or pudding at all. As I understand it, you eat it as a side with meat instead of a bread. Clever rap, tho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All my life I have eaten Yorkshire pudding - normally with the Sunday roast and gravy. My mother used to give us big slices of it on a plate BEFORE the main dinner.

      Delete
  4. I looked at the lyrics and it seems a bit too long for this time of day, it's almost time for the TV news here. I'll listen tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just put the video on and follow.

      Delete
    2. Played it today, it's funny. I haven't had yorkshire pudding since I was about twelve, we stayed at my dad's friends place for a weekend and the wife made a big batch of them, so yummy. I tried making my own once but they just weren't good. Do you have a recipe?

      Delete
  5. I can't eat seven, but I have had four (I think) :-D
    Now I'm going to sing this all day... must send it to my friends Nig and Fi who live in Wath-on-Dearne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would understand the singers with your family connections.

      Delete
  6. Who would have thought there was so much to say about a Yorkshire Pudding! This will soar no1 in the hit parade - everyone will be singing it. It's a winner and even has the recipe included - what more could we want.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Geordies call them Yorkies. I found them ok, but underwhelming and not essential to roast meal. My partner tells me I am always so negative, as I have just been. How to compensate? If you've never experienced an English mid Sunday afternoon pub roast meal with Yorkshire pudding, you haven't lived.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How dare you refer to Yorkshire puddings as "underwhelming" ye friggin' wombat!

      Delete
  8. Alas, I'll have to catch up with this later when I'm not at work. It certainly looks...interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could have blasted it out over the school's sound system - assuming you have one.

      Delete
  9. I have a YP post coming up soon. I started making them a couple of years ago. I never knew what I was missing until they came hot of the oven with a nice mushroom gravy to go over them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you realise that it is against the law to make Yorkshire puddings when you are not from Yorkshire. Don't worry - I won't tell the cops!

      Delete
  10. Strange way to spell summat summert. We buy Aunt Bessie's Yorkshire Pudding from Iceland. The store not the country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just copied and pasted the lyrics as I found them and I too thought that the writer had made a mistake with "summert". Of course it should be "summat". There were several other mistakes that I decided not to amend.

      Delete
  11. Well, that was certainly a cultural treat for the ears!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to introduce blog visitors to cultural haute-cuisine.

      Delete
  12. Just caught up with your review of standing on the sky’s edge as I didn’t want to read it before I saw it. We gave the same review

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits