1. Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life – Eric Idle.
2. Who Wants To Live Forever? – Queen.
3. Let It Be – The Beatles.
4. I've Had The Time Of My Life – Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes.
5. You'll Never Walk Alone – Gerry and the Pacemakers.
6. Imagine – John Lennon.
7. Wind Beneath My Wings – Bette Midler.
8. Jerusalem – William Blake.
9. Bat Out Of Hell – Meat Loaf.
10. Morning Has Broken – Eleanor Farjeon/Cat Stevens
Would you pick any of the above for your funeral or have you got some other ideas? At my mother's funeral in September 2007, "Jerusalem" and "The Lord's My Shepherd" were sung at the packed remembrance service in the village church and then later, at The East Riding crematorium high on the Yorkshire Wolds, we listened to Vera Lynn singing "The White Cliffs of Dover" in recognition of Mum's wartime service with the WAAF. If I close my eyes, I can still hear her singing that song now. She had a lovely singing voice.
For my own funeral, I have requested "The Birdie Song". The clapping at the end represents the number of people I expect to attend...