3 December 2016

Emojis


Well, I don't know how long it has been there but when creating a new blogpost one of the facilities available on the top bar in Blogger is "insert special characters".  Click on the second of the three dropdown menus there and you will find emojis. 

As I don't possess a mobile phone, I was only dimly aware of what emojis are and how they might be used. I guess they either replace words or reinforce previously expressed sentiments. It is amazing how many different notions and emotions can be suggested with these little symbols. Some of them are very clever indeed.

I have applied certain emojis to members of the blogging community - henceforth to be called blogonauts. Some days even I can be insane. I hope that Blogger don't send that white van over again today. I hate being trussed up in that canvas straitjacket...
πŸ‘°= Librarian - a German princess with secrets... and "Holzofen-Dinnede" in her Swabian belly.
πŸ™‹= Jennifer - a South Carolinian princess with dogs, a parrot and a husband.
πŸ‘¨= Terry - Hinckley's "man of the year". What an amazing accolade!
πŸ‘Ί= Steve - chief enforcer  at The American School library - "Bring em back!"
😜= John Gray - blogger extraordinaire and animal lover - no, not like that!
πŸ’†= Queen Helen from Brissy, queen of quilting and holiday planning.
πŸ‘§= My name is Sue, how do you do? "Here, there and everywhere..." - thanks to John Winston Lennon.
πŸ‘©= Mama Thyme/Mama Bear - Miss Colorado 2016 and lovely mountain lady in fur.
πŸ‘΅= Mrs Weaver, illegal Lincolnshire immigrant - aka Emma Dale.
😻= Lee on Tamborine Mountain - foxy lady and damned good cook.
πŸ˜‡= Ian Rhodes - happy halo man and king of the Sunday Round-Up.
😁= Mr Graham, Laird of Eagleton, IπŸ’—Lewis  showing off his new teeth.
πŸ™Ž= Jan Blawat, feisty no nonsense Sloughhouse chicken woman.
😊= Red - a Canadian glass half full happy chappy eskimo teacher guy.
πŸ˜‰= Chris the Newhaven Pedestrian winking at the world.
πŸ‘΄= Mr Rhymes, senior blogger and wise monitor of blogging morals.
πŸ‘ΈπŸ‘ΈπŸ‘ΈπŸ‘ΈπŸ‘ΈπŸ‘ΈπŸ‘Έ= What is the collective noun for a group of princesses? A herd? A gaggle? Here are Princesses Kylie, Coppa G, Lesley, Libby, Frances, ADDY and Alphie before they descend on their favourite downtown dive - "The Flaming Yorkshire Pudding" to guzzle down shots and dance like dervishes deep into the night.
Did I miss somebody? Oh yeah, I missed you! πŸ˜ˆ You little devil!  

35 comments:

  1. So I qualify for princess? Gotta be happy with that!

    Some of your emoji seem disconnected from the person they represent, Jennifer & Jan are surely not bald?

    Good post, I hope to see more emoji in the future

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh? Get your eyes tested Princess Kylie. Both Jennifer and Jan have manes of brown hair. They look similar but Jennifer is waving at her emoji audience.

      Delete
  2. I feel most honoured and proudly wear my princess tiara (or is it a crown?) with style, while wondering when I can justify going to the Christmas market again for another Dinnede. Tonight seems a good idea, as O.K. has not seen the market yet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O.K. will get fat if he eats too many of them you temptress!

      Delete
  3. Yes, I saw that too and almost clicked on it myself. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are lots of other symbols there Mrs W but no cymbals.

      Delete
  4. Hinckley is getting mentioned a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Single-handedly, you are bringing worldwide fame to Hinckley.

      Delete
  5. I'm happy (:)) with princess. Part of the YP harem, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am truly shocked by your lewd guesswork Princess ADDY. As the landlord of "The Flaming Yorkshire Pudding" I have professional standards to uphold.

      Delete
  6. What lovely thought - dancing like a whirling dervish ! What with the dodgy hip, and even dodgier knee, it's many a year since my dervish has whirled. However I'm happy come to "The Flaming Yorkshire Pudding" and enjoy the fun from the side lines.
    Oh, where do I park my mobility scooter, so that it won't get towed away?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can park your mobility scooter in the special mobility scooter park where all the other princesses will be parking their mobilty scooters(apart from Princess Meike of Ludwigsburg)

      Delete
  7. A girl can always use more jewels..I don't have a tiara..thanks YPx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As it's nearly Christmas you can wear a tissue crown from a cracker instead.

      Delete
  8. It's taken forever for this post to appear (here on my computer, anyway).

    The title appeared on my blog list (to the right side of my "page"), but when I clicked on it...nothing came up...until just now...a couple of minutes ago. Oh! Well, nothing lost...here it is now!

    You must be a member of my tribe, Yorkie...the Mohicans. I thought I was the last of them because I don't have a mobile phone...but now I learn you don't have one either! Hau, Mitakuyepi! (aka "Greetings, friend!")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS....Thanks for pointing this out, by the way. I would never have noticed it, I'm sure. I've no idea how long it's been there on the top bar. (I always frequent the bottom bar....the drinks are cheaper)! :)

      Delete
    2. Isn't "The Bottom Bar" where ladies show off their bottoms?

      Delete
    3. Tsk! Tsk! I don't know what kind of bars you hang out in, Yorkie...but no, none that I've frequented. :)

      Actually, I've not been to a bar in years. The last time I had a drink in pub (and it wasn't at the bar...but sitting at an outside table overlooking the valley below - at St. Bernard's Hotel here on the hill) would be about 12 or more years ago.

      The only time I visit the pub is on the eve of Melbourne Cup Day to place a bet or two on The Cup because the TAB is there...and again, if my luck is running and I've won or gotten a place... I pay another visit on the day after the race to collect my winnings.

      This year I did consider having a drink at the bar while considering what horses took my fancy, but instead I considered a bottle of Chivas Regal. So, I followed my fancy. I bought a bottle...and, in the peace and comfort of my little cabin I enjoyed a couple or so on my birthday that fell on the following week.

      Delete
    4. Bah! I suspect you have been barred from so many bars you were once put behind bars close to the Five Bar sheep farm where you could hear sheep baah.

      Delete
  9. Happ Halo Man? So that's why I keep humming the theme tune from The Saint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you also raise one of your eyebrows like Roger Moore, sending the checkout girls in "Aldi" wild?

      Delete
  10. I would say I have never been more insulted but that would probably give you great glee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it would Bob. I derive great pleasure from rattling your cage.

      Delete
  11. The collective noun for a group of princesses is either bling or fluff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought those two words were nicknames for Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice.

      Delete
  12. Your knighthood is in the post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL -- this is awesome. I love my emoji, but I'm going to sue Google for using my image without my permission. Bring 'em back indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you have preferred a round yellow fellow's face like the other guys?


      Delete
  14. I'm happy to be smiley but those 'new' teeth are well over half a century new. I must go and seek out this new Blogger tool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean they are your own teeth Graham or extremely old dentures?

      Delete
  15. My princess emoji looks like a boy! Hahahaha. πŸ™†

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw shucks! I picked it deliberately because it wasn't one of those yellow fellows.

      Delete
  16. Can't get the emojis to download. All I can get is a black square. But, no matter. Mama Bear is just happy to be included. Must be our very slow mountain connection. Will need the fur coat tomorrow as our high temperature will be 2 degrees F (-16 C).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay warm in the mountains. We don't want another scene from "The Revenant".

      Delete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits