19 August 2026

Bridlington

 

In East Yorkshire, everyone refers to the seaside town of Bridlington as "Brid". The village of my birth was halfway between the city of Hull and Brid so I have had a fairly intimate relationship with the place all my life.

Anyway, tonight we are staying in a little rental cottage just outside Brid and this my friends is a scheduled post that I  prepared on Tuesday evening. Brid is about two hours from Sheffield. We are staying in two-bedroomed Kibbletree Cottage with Phoebe. With my Booking.com "Genius" account I secured a healthy discount.

During school holidays (American: vacations) many grandparents find themselves undertaking a lot of child-minding duties and this week we were earmarked to look after Phoebe for three days in a row so that's why we came up with the idea of a night away at the coast. 

Mind you, rain is in the late summer forecast so no doubt our coastal activities will be affected. Being in rain will be a real novelty for us after two months of drought.

All being well I will be back to normal blogging duties on Thursday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits