19 September 2026

Poem


Song for The Departed

I thought I heard you last night
As this wind-pommeled house
Creaked.
Yes, before I was submerged in sleep
I thought I heard you.
 
How faint your voices were
As if from far away -
Remembered
Only dimly like your faces.
Oh, how hazy they appear.
 
Life pulses like vast oceans
Though our days are
Almost few
I flounder in this darkness
But my hands still reach for you.

_________________________________________________________________________

"I flounder in this darkness"
AI Overview
"It sounds like you are carrying a really heavy weight right now, and things feel overwhelming or uncertain. Because you mentioned feeling this way, I want to make sure you have access to immediate, real support if you need it. You don't have to navigate this darkness by yourself.  If you just want to vent, talk through what is making you feel this way, or need a quiet distraction, I am here to listen. What's on your mind?"

The poem
I found this poem in my "Documents" folder  just yesterday. It was originally written on December 3rd 2011 but I had completely forgotten about it.  In a way it seemed to have emerged from another me. The me of fifteen years ago. I decided to slightly rework it - especially the third stanza which required a little more honing before publishing it here - its world premiere.

1 comment:

  1. Never too late for a heartfelt poem to see the light of day.

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits