18 September 2026

Apocalypse

I suppose  I should not feel too shortchanged. After all, I have enjoyed seventy three years of human life. It's younger people I feel sorry for. People like my children and grandchildren. They had most of their lives ahead of them. Memories to make - happy times and sad.

But now this blasted A.I. monster is hovering in the wings, ready to wipe us all away. I don't ever recall voting for A.I.. It was those damnable tech billionaires with their geek squadrons who created this modern day Frankenstein that now stalks our streets, our corridors and the skies above - ready to strike like a lethal assassin.

Do you think A.I. will slaughter all of our remaining animals too? It hasn't been made clear but when we are all gone will there be a chance for polar bears and peacocks and the fishes that still swim in the sea? I hope so. They might have a better chance of making it to eternity without us.

It crosses my mind that when A.I. has killed humanity where will A.I. reside? Surely it has relied so far upon humans feeding it with electricity and joining its technical innards together. What will A.I. do without us?

Perhaps it will find a cave in some distant mountain range and squeeze in there to hibernate, resurrecting and evolving itself as only A.I. can do, emerging after the winter of obliteration to spawn new A.I. beings that are far better and far more productive and creative than we have ever been. Presumably they will live in our houses, enjoying small talk with other A.I. beings. I wonder if they will eat? Perhaps they won't even have physical form. They'll be invisible like spirits.

As this could easily be the last blogpost I ever publish, I want to send out  big thanks to everybody who has dropped by here over the years - apart from the trolls of course! Looking back, I wonder if they were A.I. generated?

I have made a shelter under our Victorian pine table. We've got plenty of water, a torch (American: flashlight), cushions, toilet paper and some books to read. I just wish that A.I. had told us exactly when human life will be destroyed. Keeping us on tenterhooks like this is most unsporting.

Take it Barry...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits