26 January 2008

Refreshment

Nothing lasts forever. Here in the Blogosphere, you encounter other bloggers with blogs you get to like. They become cyber-friends in this brilliant worldwide web. You might think they will last a while - and some do but others fall by the wayside like straw blown from a wagon in late summer. Why do they go? Often it's because they simply became tired of blogging and had nothing left to say. Others probably found lives to live unlike we sad gits that are left behind. Those former bloggers are probably living it up in beach condos in Costa Rica or hiking in the foothills of the Himalayas. Ah well...

It's almost the end of January. Time for a clearout. In my list of favoured blogs there is much inactivity so I have decided to dump "Hanging Hope...", "Zandrea!", "Cruising the Bullette", "Arm The Insane" and "Retarded Rugrat" - this last one is the hardest to dump because I still like that blog and it is well-maintained. It's just that Dawn - a Sheffield gal - who runs it switched from Blogger to Word Press and I don't know how to transfer her new address to my sidebar. I can be quite stupid when it comes to HTML, templates and all that jazz... like sitting in a Maths lesson at the age of thirteen - bored to the bone. (Later - I amazed myself by finding out how to save Dawn from The Black Hole of Blogobscurity - See:- Retarded Rugrat)

To replace these former favourites I'm going to try to add "MOPSA" from Devon UK, "Goddess of Clarity", "Mutterings at The Mill", "Arcane Enigma" by David in Auckland NZ and "The Golden Hill" by Sam in Ohio. These high level IT actions will probably take hours to perform with much "cussing" as hillbillies might retort. But like I announced at the start of this post... nothing lasts forever.

14 comments:

  1. Try using Blogroll - you can add, delete and edit links very easily on that and it also tells you when someone has updated their blog. (I've got it on mine.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew! I survived the cull ...

    (I had a cull a wee while ago but I didn't tell anyone)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YP, how very nice of you. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:26 pm

    Whoa! Almost dropped!

    I'm so glad you figured how to save me. Lets face it, who else would smite each other because of our respective football clubs? :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm surprised Brad the Gorilla is still on the blogroll!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Snake is indeed a Snake (with reference to your comment on my blog) and the geckos are, well, geckos. The only Child is Emily and she gets married in three weeks so I'm not sure that counts. It's true that everyone in Leeds is illiterate except for Ian http://www.retirement-rocks.blogspot.com and me. Please visit my blog again, it was a pleasure to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:14 am

    Woo hoo! I made it. I've been Puddinged! Or is it Yorkshired? In either case I shall do my utmost to prove myself worthy of this honor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ALKELDA _ Of course Brad the Gorilla is still on my list because I am sure that when he returns from San Quentin prison he will be blogging again.
    GODDESS OF CLARITY - It's all lies I tell you! I did not pudding you and I did not Yorkshire you either! Where's the kid? I simply put you on my blog roll which is a very different action.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh well, here we all are then, these sad old gits who blog! Anyone for a cup of tea and a hobnob?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't be rude Mrs Muddy Boots! All that raspberry ripple has gone to your head - ye barmpot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. did somebody say hobnobs?! put the kettle on, I'm leaving now

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why, thank you so much, YP! I'll do my best to live up to the standard...whatever that may be.

    ReplyDelete
  13. By the way, I'll reciprocate as soon as I can figure out how to do it...a few friends have asked to be included in a sidebar, but I'm not the most techno-savvy guy in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well I'll go to Hull & back, tell me, was it the lure of the sheep ? Very flattered sir, I'd buy you a pint of Theakstons if I could find my wallet.

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits