18 January 2008

Shenanigans

In my last post, I began by asking if you agree that the word "doodling" is a nice word? This led me on to thinking about my favourite words in general - and here they are - a mixture of words that I love for their sounds and words that I love for their meaning. According to the British Council - following a survey in 2004, the most loved word in English is "mother"... But here are my words though I could easily add a hundred more...

shenanigans nincompoop doodling remember moreover altruism claptrap translucent honesty skein creativity undulation taboo multifaceted mysterious azure asparagus bonkers hazy ripple dignity hurricane slippery prestidigitation marshmallow leveret justice freedom scintillating illumination dream…

What goes around comes around. Since starting this blog I guess I have thought of favourite words before. Ooops, sorry! Have you got any favourite words of your own you would like to share? Please add in the comments....

8 comments:

  1. Paint, oodles, onk (don't ask), luscious, cosy, home....I could go on forever but won't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. crenellations

    malarkey

    utterly

    Oh, and Kettle Chips

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:43 am

    together

    fridge

    truly

    specificity

    ravioli

    and, of course, clarity

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'ululating' - as from the women in Ceasar's Gallic Wars - double Latin, 'O' level, Monday afternoons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:55 am

    What about discombobulated ??

    I am not even sure it is a 'proper' word - some dictionaries don't seem to include it ?

    Any thoughts ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delectable, lascivious, gesticulate, onomatopoeia, oleaginous, kumquat (not sure this last one strictly counts - I assume it's an import).

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite words:
    rectify
    nincompoop
    peon
    puddingface
    dunny
    britches
    toejam

    ReplyDelete
  8. clarty
    reet
    blancmange
    barmpot
    serendipity
    onomatopoeia
    double espresso

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits