1 July 2015

Boat

We drove back from Exeter last evening - four and a half hours in the summer heat with a halt for dinner in "The Swan" at Whittington near Worcester. I still need to blog about my rambling on Dartmoor but this morning, having just got up,  I must get on and do things like have a shower and water the garden which is also crying out for rehydration. In the meantime, I forgot to include the following picture in my last post. It was taken close to Turf Lock where the Exeter Canal meets The River Exe. It was the best photograph I took on my hike from Starcross to Exeter. This composition would not have been half as effective if the sky had been blue and clear. I am rather proud of it:-
Please click picture to enlarge.

10 comments:

  1. Rightly so. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Adrian. As you know, I take hundreds of pictures of the world around me and only occasionally do I achieve a picture that makes me nod my head and say, "Yeah, that is a good un!"

      Delete
  2. I liked your swan picture so much that I included it on my blogpost today. I hope you don't mind. This one is "right good" too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob, I am honoured that you used my picture of Mama Swan and her babies. Or was it Daddy Swan? I am not sure.

      Delete
  3. Never fear, Yorky...your summer heat wave will be over by tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What the **** do you Aussies know about heatwaves? Yours is permanent.

      Delete
    2. Well, I must ****-ing well know what I'm talking about then! lol

      And I was right in my prediction, anyway...there was a rain delay at Wimbledon!!!! :)

      Delete
  4. Yes, YP, a very worthy addition.

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits