6 September 2018

Seaside

I snapped this photograph on Sunday afternoon as we strolled along Southwold seafront.

On the wall
CHELSEA So what's in your sandwich?
WHITNEY I've got roasted llama and pomegranate with  chicory.
CHELSEA Mine's Sicilian sun-blessed tomatoes with mature Swiss goat's cheese and Hampshire water cress.

At the hole
BRETT Come on Jordan! Keep passing the sand. We've got to finish burying him before the sea comes up.
JORDAN But he's your little brother! Why should I have to do all the work Brett?
BRETT Well I helped you to bury your grandma yesterday! So get moving you lazy arse!

At the wooden groyne (sea defence)
MAUREEN Don't look now Dave but there's a fellow with a camera over there.
DAVE What's he doing?
MAUREEN Taking pictures of course. Oo! He's a handsome devil!
DAVE I hope my missus doesn't see em.
MAUREEN And I hope my Bob doesn't either.
DAVE Where does Bob think you are?
MAUREEN I told him I was going to stay with my sister Briony in Brighton.
DAVE I told my missus I was going fishing on the Norfolk Broads with the lads.
MAUREEN Tell her you caught a big trout!
DAVE More like a killer whale!
DAVE and MAUREEN  Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

29 comments:

  1. Maureen won't be laughing tonight when she's dealing with that sunburn ha-ha-ha-ha-ha Seriously, she's going to regret it.

    Your imagination is having way too much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave may have to smooth some aromatic massage oil into her affected parts.

      Delete
  2. yep, the sunburn is the only thing i saw! ouch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. also, roasted llama and pomegranate with chicory!

      Delete
    2. You Aussies are too hypersensitive about sunburn!

      Delete
  3. I may have to steal this whole concept. If I do, I will give you credit, Mr. P!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could make up scripts to go with pictures of your grandchildren.

      Delete
  4. Entertaining dialogue! Those boys remind me of my brothers when we vacationed at the beach in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did they bury you Bonnie?

      Delete
    2. I was very young so they only buried one another!

      Delete
    3. They were kind to their sweet little sister.

      Delete
  5. Every picture tells a story. Or three. The sandwich eaters fit the roast llama & pomegranate sangas to a T.
    Alpbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Sanga" is a new word for me. In England we sometimes call sandwiches "sarnies" or "butties".

      Delete
    2. I think Alphie meant saga, YP.

      Delete
    3. Thank you for that clarification Professor Bob.

      Delete
    4. Colloquial confusion conquers comments.
      Alphie

      Delete
  6. Are you sure that's not Camilla and Charles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have taken a second, closer look. You are right!

      Delete
  7. That put a smile on my dial..most amusing and putting yourself centre stage you 'handsome devil' you! ..our ability of imagination is the best.. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you spotted that little aside Elle!

      Delete
  8. That photo makes me think of Martin Parr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martin learnt everything he knows from me.

      Delete
  9. Oh dear, we've both been in stitches here.
    Funnily enough we've just got back from the seafront.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you notice that Maureen's sister is called Briony? And that she lives in Brighton! I hope you are not quite as salmon pink after your trip to the seafront.

      Delete
  10. Maureen: Oh, Dave.

    Dave: Oh, Maureen.

    Maureen: OWWW! Dave, my SUNBURN!!!!

    (FADE TO BLACK)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha-Ha! Nice one Mr C. Sounds you have "been there"!

      Delete
  11. How long did you spend in the pub, Mr. Pud??

    Lots of fun....thanks for the laughs. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As the bishop said to the actress, "So pleased to have tickled you!"

      Delete
  12. Brilliant idea. Brightened my day.

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits