23 July 2022

Quizzing

 
That's my quiz sheet from last Sunday night. The sheets cost £2 each and they are self-duplicating.

You win two beer tokens for a line, two for the four corners and four for the most points plus all the entry money collected. As it happens this sheet won the four corners:-

Q25 Who is the gamekeeper at Hogwarts School?
Q4   What JOTB  describes what someone  does when they decide to follow a current trend?
Q23  Which range of mountains separates France from Spain?
Q11  Name the iconic sit-com whose co-creator recently said that she was embarrassed about the lack of diversity on the show.

As you can see, supported by my three teammates, I scored 21 points out of 25 overall. The four I got wrong included: What kind of foodstuff is a morel? I put cherry when the answer was mushroom. I could have kicked myself.

Q 17 was a "true" or "false" question, that question being - There is a service station in Berlin, Germany where motorists are attended to my topless women - true or false? The answer was surprisingly, "true".

It's fun to focus on a quiz with three or four friends. The quiz provides a focus for the night so it's not just about drinking beer and  general conversation.

Mick and Mike and I cannot remember exactly when we started quizzing together but it was certainly in the last millennium. And there's always time  for catching up on things - family news, hobbies, the state of the nation, holidays, sport and male grooming products.

The fourth member of our team is Danny but he has only been with us eighteen months or so. He was once one of Mike's closest neighbours. Recently it was his seventieth birthday and he invited us to a slap up lunch at "The Prince of Wales" where Mike, Mick and I quizzed together before the place became a fairly posh restaurant.

By the way, if you hadn't already guessed, I was lying about male grooming products. We don't need them.

22 comments:

  1. Was question 22 about a politician or the man from Del Monte?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha-ha! The question gave you two choices. In the preservation of food, which came first - freezing or canning? (Nobody thought to consult with Inuits!)

      Delete
  2. Anonymous12:08 pm

    My first reply was going to be about male grooming and then you totally ruined my witty and cutting comment.

    I would have correctly answered questions 23 and 11. Not a clue about the other two. It sounds like a fun night out. I am sure you needed that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had read your witty comment!

      Delete
  3. I would not have known the answer to Q11 but all thenothers (including morel).
    When my friends and I meet on quiz night, we usually have not seen in each other in several weeks, sometimes months, and have plenty to catch up on. I love those quiz nights as much for the company as for the quiz. At my pub, the quiz breaks up for the summer, so we‘ll meet again only in September.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A quiz is a good focus but mostly it is about catching up. We won the top prize again tonight.

      Delete
  4. These quiz nights sound like a lot of fun. I admire people who are good at trivia. Sadly, I'm not...particularly under pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Out of your four corners questions, I would have gotten 'Friends.' I hang my head in shame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the questions had all been about GOP and Thing45, I feel sure you would have come out on top Bob!

      Delete
  6. Are you quite sure about the male grooming products? Do you have any mirrors at home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does toothpaste count as a male grooming product?

      Delete
  7. Every time I read about one of your quiz nights, I can't help but wonder what you men would think if you were suddenly transported to one of Hank's trivia nights. I think you would be beyond words at the queer-friendly, never staid, always interesting and thought provoking quizzes he presents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would be out of our depth Ms Moon but good on Hank for his quizzing creativity!

      Delete
  8. I would have gotten morel, but I'm not sure I would have figured out that JOTB! I love a good pub quiz. Haven't done one in a while, actually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and Dave should check out local pub quiz venues while you are still on holiday.

      Delete
  9. That sounds like fun and I would fail miserably, while having fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could join our team if you bought us all a pint River!

      Delete
  10. I've been exiled to spam again :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They used to make "spam" from humans.

      Delete
  11. Sounds like fun but how could you not know a morel is a mushroom? You cook.

    I'm not surprised that Germany has a topless gas station. I work in a sometimes topless clinic. Last week there was a patient who had put her gown on backwards. She was waiting for mammogram and fell alseep in a chair with her breast hanging out. Nobody batted an eye. I wasn't going to wake her up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't use morel mushrooms. I would not have batted an eyelid either - while staring at the naked breast.

      Delete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits