13 September 2024

Goodness

Good news needs spreading around. There's too much bad news these days. I am sure that several visitors  will have heard this news item from Nashville, Tennessee. It happened on Tuesday evening and it involved the rock star - Jon Bov Jovi.

He and his band were filming on The Seigenthaler Pedestrian Bridge when they became aware that a woman in a distressed state was standing on the bridge's parapet threatening to jump.

Jon Bon Jovi and his assistant sidled up to the scene and gently set about talking the woman to safety. Fortunately, they succeeded and afterwards the rock star comforted the woman with a warm hug.

I should say that at its highest point the bridge is only sixteen feet tall so it is very likely that the woman would not have been killed it she had jumped. Her mind must have been in a terrible state of confusion. In fact, looking at her blue outfit, I wonder if she had recently been under medical supervision.

My impression is that Jon Bon Jovi is one of the good guys. He has done various other kind and charitable things in his life as a rock star - including improving housing projects, supporting veterans, funding soup kitchens for the needy and raising money for disaster relief in Haiti.

Good lad Jon! You didn't walk on by.

29 comments:

  1. It's good to know that there are still good people in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was not doing it for self-glorification.

      Delete
  2. Bon Jovi has done so much for the unhoused community and for vets, as you say, so this story sounds about right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jon rocked! Great band and a great song YP. I saw them at Monsters Of Rock at Donington in Derbyshire in1987. They flew over the crowd in helicopters with Bonjovi emblazoned on the helicopters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hell - forty seven years ago. You must have been just out of nappies Dave!

      Delete
  4. Well done, Jon. I don't really like his music but that is beside the point. Anyone who has a lot of money and uses some of it to help others deserves respect - there are too many rich folks who just want more and more and more, never considering the needs of other people less fortunate than them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am surprised that you haven't got a Bon Jovi leather jacket with the band's name spelt out in brass studs on the back.

      Delete
    2. I have a Jon Bonjovi T shirt.

      Delete
    3. I have a Marks and Spencers T-shirt.

      Delete
  5. I heard about this on the news last night and did a little "yay" fist pump. I've always liked Bon Jovi and don't think I've ever heard anything bad about him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He married his childhood sweetheart and they have four grown up children together.

      Delete
  6. A difficult situation, well handled by him it seems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that the woman assistant got far too close at first.

      Delete
  7. Indeed a good man, and whoever was with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my opinion the assistant got too close too quickly. Jon Bon Jovi deliberately stood back so as not to distress the jumper.

      Delete
  8. Jon Bon Jovi is about as good as you get. I've been a fan of him, and his music, since I was in college in the '80s. Incredibly all-around decent guy. (Dave Grohl should have been taking notes.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You picked a good one there Ellie + they have recorded some memorable numbers.

      Delete
  9. Good news for the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to wake up after dreaming of hairy plane flights!

      Delete
  10. I saw that. Pretty cool, Mr. Jovi!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wonder if he told the lady to, "Lay Your Hands On Me" and to not go into a "Blaze of Glory"? Jon's soup kitchens are regularly featured in the news over here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe she couldn't swim, in which case it wouldn't matter how high the bridge is. (I assume it's over water?) I did see this story and thought it was pretty great that Bon Jovi intervened. It sure gives her a story to tell when this rough patch has passed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point Steve. The Cumberland River normally has a significant flow.

      Delete
  13. Way to go, Jon Bon Jovi! I've always liked that song and thought of it as my anthem when I asked for my divorce. "It's my life, it's now or never!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what went wrong Ellen. Did you just drift apart or was there more to it all?

      Delete
  14. Yes, good on Bon Jovi. And on that young man in the video who made it for the final bars of the song!

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits