17 December 2017

Teaser

Established way back in 2008, The Laughing Horse Blogging Awards have become an important milestone in the blogging calendar. Each year special sub-awards are received in a variety of categories but the most coveted award always goes to the overall blogger of the year. All nine of the previous winners have become legends in the world of blogging. Here is a list of previous winners:-

ROLL OF HONOUR

2008 – Arthur Clewley for “Arthur Clewley”

2009 – Daphne Franks for “My Dad’s a Communist”

2010 – John Gray for “Going Gently”

2011 – Ian Rhodes for “Shooting Parrots”

2012 – Kate Steeds for "The Last Visible Dog"

2013 – Tom Gowans for “A Hippo on the Lawn”

2014 – Meike Riley for “From my Mental Library”

2015 – Lee George for “Kitchen Connection”

2016 – Steve Reed for “Shadows and Light”

But who will be the winners in 2017? Above all, who will be the overall "blogger of the year"? The venue is booked. The new winners' widget  is being prepared by the Laughing Horse design team. The tension mounts. 
__________________________________________

As chairman of the Awards Committee, I must make it clear that cash bribes are no longer accepted. Credit and debit card financial incentives only. Please make sure you include your PIN and card identity number. Cars and holidays also appreciated.

28 comments:

  1. Shall I prepare a speech?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you obviously have a knack for discerning blog talent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your sweet talk but prefer a bank transfer.

      Delete
  3. Damn! If that is the case, Mr. Pudding, please send back my cheque post haste!!

    If it returns before Christmas it means I can buy more chocolate and liquorice allsorts - so don't be tardy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The money you sent ahead of the 2015 awards was much appreciated. I squandered it on the high life.

      Delete
    2. It pleases me greatly that you put it to good use...on pots of beer at your local.

      It was a far, far better thing that you did, than I have ever done; it was a far, far better way to have disposed of it than what I would have ever thought of how to have disposed of it.

      Cheers!

      Delete
    3. Hell. You would have just spent it on electricity and food for your furry friends! Debauchery gives much better value for money.

      Delete
    4. You two are in good form today! lol

      Delete
    5. We are blog sparring partners. You can be the referee.

      Delete
    6. At least I saw the light!

      Delete
    7. I never knew you were a born-again Christian!

      Delete
  4. Interesting to check this list out and follow some new blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first two on the list are now sadly defunct.

      Delete
  5. How about a few of last year's candy canes? No? Perhaps a knuckle sandwich? Ooooo, I seem to have veered into threats instead of bribes! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Threatening behaviour never goes down well with The Laughing Horse Awards Committee!

      Delete
  6. I always look forward to the Laughing Horse festivities! Bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With your new job, it's great that you won't have to hurry back to The Carolinas for your weekend shift at the shopping mall.

      Delete
  7. Like debbie McGee on strictly
    I think I will be robbed again this year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hang on young fellow my lad. You won the overall title in 2010! You will be robbed if you leave the kitchen door unlocked again!

      Delete
  8. I've been waiting and waiting. You teased me, brother. I thought your whole list was ready. Darn! Gotta wait some more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should have looked at the damn title of your post. I was just so excited.....

      Delete
    2. If you still published a blog you would definitely be in with a great chance of winning Blogger of the Year but I know that as a former CIA agent you must be very careful about personal revelations.

      Delete
  9. I have already bought a new dress for the occasion and hope red fits the venue's decorating theme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always dress like Heidi Klum. I am sure your red outfit will be entirely suitable.

      Delete
  10. Thank you to everyone who still blogs regularly and gives the rest of us something to read with our morning coffee. Love you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome ma'am. Nice to know you still drop by from time to time.

      Delete
  11. I still proudly display my Laughing Horse medal! (Or badge or whatever it's called.) So, yes, drum roll please for the new winner!

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits