7 April 2023

Artful

Grayson Perry in the style of Grayson Perry

I lost two hours of my life this morning thanks to the mastermind behind "Shadows and Light". Steve had flagged up Microsoft Image Creator and of course I took the bait like a pike fish lolling beneath lilypads. The images you can produce with this awesome facility are endless but I discovered three significant things. Firstly, you cannot make posters with English slogans. Secondly, famous people that get through the security net are nearly always substituted with unconvincing lookalikes. Thirdly, political figures are simply blocked.

I wanted to make some pictures of Donald Trump such as "Donald Trump sumo wrestling with Vladimir Putin", "Donald Trump dressed like a pineapple in a zoo in the style of Salvador Dali" and "Donald Trump flattened by a steamroller in the style of Grant Wood". No! Microsoft Image Creator was having no truck with such requests. I couldn't even get "Margaret Thatcher's head in the style of Picasso".

However, I did produce these masterpieces without spilling a single drop of paint or cutting a single mosaic tile
No More Guns poster in mosaic form
Spurn Point in watercolour
Billie Eilish in the style of Leonardo da Vinci
Easter Island in the style of Van Gogh
Attack on the US Capitol in pop art style
The Yorkshire Wolds in poster style
Almighty God in the style of Salvador Dali

22 comments:

  1. These are interesting. I'm glad y'all are doing them so I don't have to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good fun. The possibilities are endless.

      Delete
  2. I, too, lost a couple of hours of my life to this! Your ideas are so much better than mine, though. The attack on the Capitol in pop art style is particularly impressive! Easter island is my favorite.

    I did do one of a male eclectus parrot in a top hat smoking a cigarette in the style of Picasso--and it was pretty funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the software would block male eclectus.

      Delete
  3. Did it give you no results at all when you asked for Trump, or just images that didn't look like him? I didn't even think of trying politics. I have noticed that its ability to render likenesses of real people isn't the greatest -- my Marilyn Monroe didn't really look like Marilyn Monroe, for example.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The system blocks any requests that involve political names such as "George W. Bush in a fist fight with Popeye the Sailorman" or "Ronald Reagan riding on a kangaroo in a supermarket".

      Delete
  4. PS -- I particularly like God in the style of Salvador Dali. It's very "Lord of the Rings."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realise that God had horns and carried a dangerous looking staff.

      Delete
  5. My taste in art is very simple and not at all sophisticated. Therefore, it is hardly surprising that my favourites here are the Yorkshire Wolds and the watercolour of Spurn Head.
    So far, I had not heard of that new toy, and I better not get started with it - I already spend too much time staring at computer screens for work, plus blogging and playing my favourite computer games in my free time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be consuming if you don't watch out.

      Delete
  6. Those are very colourful, I like them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pleased that my efforts have passed The River Test!

      Delete
  7. What fun! I thought that the first one, Grayson Perry, was Mick Jagger - until I read the title.
    Endless possibilities to make unusual cards to send to family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I hope that you also have some fun with this facility Carol!

      Delete
  8. Think I will echo Ms Moon words on this, glad you are all doing them so I don't have to do them. There was a brilliant article in the Guardian about Picasso and misogyny. Culture shock: Picasso vanquished due to his immoral behaviour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do we keep appreciating his art when he was a paedophile? We don't see Jimmy Saville on the TV any more.

      Delete
  9. Billie EiIish in the guise of Mona Lisa does it for me. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I was pleased with that one - partly because it looks like her!

      Delete
  10. I've been playing around with it as well. I am amazed that a computer created these. I know it should worry me but it hasn't yet. Maybe one day soon though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting and fun. I need to look at the copyright side, it may solve a problem for me in the office.

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits