25 June 2024

Away

This post was meant to publish itself on Tuesday June 25th but something went wrong. 
It's probably my own silly fault. Sorry about that.

Glasgow - The Necropolis

This is a scheduled post to let you know that Yorkshire Pudding is away in Glasgow till Thursday of this week. I am there with my wife, daughter and youngest granddaughter, Margot. It's all about our daughter Frances getting to know her Glasgow-based colleagues. At least that was the intention until something terrible happened on Saturday afternoon See my last blogpost.

I haven't really  been back to Glasgow since 1977. I had university friends there and a steady girlfriend called Patricia. Upon reflection, maybe I am telling a lie here because in 1991 I caught a train there before catching a bus to Glasgow Airport. Then I flew to Keflavik Airport in  Iceland for memorable adventuring.

It will be tough for Frances's work team to find a way forward. Ryan created the company and all key decisions went through him. He was the driving force and the energy. It was his baby. Below - the motorbike of death... If only his tape could be rewound to live that day  differently.

1 comment:

  1. Glasgow is beautiful I hear. My youngest brother died by moorbike, he fell asleep so close to home after a long trip interstate.

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits