29 June 2024

Awww!

That's Margot in Glasgow. At almost eight months old, she is getting used to the idea of eating though I rather suspect that she would prefer to live on a milky diet for the rest of her life.

She remains the most pleasant of babies. Smiles emanate freely from her and when she wakes from a nap, she never cries. Instead, she looks around noticing whatever is in her line of vision. There is an air of peacefulness about her. Will it last? I don't know but a person's character starts to form when they are very young.

My "Song for Margot" acquired more words in Glasgow:

Margot.Margot,Margot
Life's just a passing show
You stand there in the light 
Then wave and say good night.
High up in the sky
Clouds are drifting by
And if perchance they cry
It rains.

Following the poonami  and subsequent clear up at the motorway services near Carlisle, I was holding Margot by a table when an older woman stopped by and said, "What a beautiful baby! She has lovely eyes!" I couldn't help responding that in spite of her loveliness she had just filled her nappy with ochre-coloured poo.

I arrived at this keyboard late tonight because I watched the entire Coldplay set from Glastonbury. It finished just before midnight. They performed  consummately as one might expect from such a seasoned and successful band with their own special sound. Chris Martin, the lead singer, is a clever and indefatigable showman. He held that massive crowd in the palm of his hand. Here they are:-

13 comments:

  1. OMG those girls have blue eyes. She's such a cutie pie, despite the poomageddon:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poomageddon is a good word. It might describe Trump's next presidency if the American people let him in.

      Delete
  2. Those blue eyes look right through you. They are wondering what you're all about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Margot certainly doesn't lack anything nutrition-wise, does she! I can see her point (if she does indeed think that way); why switch to food when one can obviously live so well on milk?
    The video doesn't play for me. It is a black box with the following lines:
    "Video unavailable
    This video contains content from bbc, who has blocked it on copyright grounds."
    But I am sure if I want to, I can find clips from that performance elsewhere on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about the video Meike. I have fixed it now.

      Delete
    2. I got the same message yesterday but I can see it now. Can't say I'm familiar with the band even if I've heard the name.

      Delete
  4. Did he sing Margot Margot, Margot?
    Have you thought of singing it in a bar in Sheffield? Shall I bring my guitar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an intimate song for a baby. I have no intention of performing it in public as I am painfully shy.

      Delete
  5. Babies got blue eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What amazing blue eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margot is indeed a beautiful baby with a peaceful nature. Second children often are peaceful happy babies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! Sweet Margot is growing into her beauty.
    Let us try not to be so focused on the diaper issue. You, too, and ALL of us sometimes pooped our pants to a horrifying degree.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful eyes and beautiful music.

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits