14 October 2024

Quiztime

Are you sitting comfortably? Then let's begin. Today's "Quiztime" has no theme - it's  simply general knowledge. As usual, you can find the answers in the "Comments" section.
⦿

1. How many ribs does a normal adult human being have?
(a) 13  (b)24 (c)26 (d)34

2. What is the capital of Peru? (a) Quito (b) Lima (c) Santiago (d) Bogota

3. What is a young zebra called? (a) calf (b) foal (c) zebling  (d) zebedee

4. Which singer-songwriter from Cleveland, Ohio wrote "Fast Car"?

5. This painting by Sandro Botticelli is housed in the Uffizi Galleries in Florence, Italy - but what is it called?

(a) The Mona Lisa (b) Aphrodite's Shell 
(c) The Birth of Venus (d) The Glorious Renaissance

6. Who is this figure from twentieth century history?
(a) Charles de Gaulle (b) Benito Mussolini
(c) Neville Chamberlain (d) Franklin D. Roosevelt

7.  In which ocean is the island of Mauritius? 

8. Which fictional group had a big hit in 1969 with "Sugar Sugar"?
(a) The Rolling Stones (b) The Monkees 
(c) The Flintstones (d) The Archies

9. This is a picture of a very famous woman when she was a child but who is it?

10. What is Joe Biden's middle name?
(a) La  Fayette (b) Robinette (c) Limerick (d) Scranton

⦿

How did you do?

9 comments:

  1. ANSWERS
    1. (b) 24
    2. (b) Lima
    3. (b) foal
    4. Tracy Chapman
    5. (c) The Birth of Venus
    6. (a) Charles de Gaulle
    7. Indian Ocean
    8. (d) The Archies
    9. Taylor Swift
    10. (b) Robinette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I got 5! Best I've ever done!

      Delete
  2. 1. 24
    2. Lima
    3. I think foal like a horse, but I really wish it would be zebling or zebedee!
    4. The fabulous Tracy Chapman!
    5. The Birth of Venus. I remember the shell!
    6. Charles de Gaulle and that's a guess,
    7. I'm guessing Indian.
    8.The Archies!
    9. I haven't a clue.
    10. Robinette.

    Look at me rushing in at 90% though I had a couple of guesses that proved correct!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 7 out of 10!!!! I missed 1, 4 and 9. I think this proves I know nothing about current pop music. Or (human) ribs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 9/10, number 6 was my downfall, I thought Charles De Gaulle then changed my mind 😫

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three. Why do I even try?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not knowing much about Taylor Swift, I thought the famous girl was Hillary Clinton.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only missed #3 and #6!! I think that's the best I've ever done on one of your quizzes. A gold star, please!

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits