21 May 2012

Lazy

Woke late this morning and luxuriated in my Egyptian cotton sheets. Birdsong in Blogland is like an orchestral work with each unseen feathered friend having its part to play. Perfection - after all they must have been rehearsing since time began. Eventually, sunlight seeped into my bedroom through the leafy screen outside:-
I've taken to going everywhere barefoot now and the soles of my feet are becoming so leathery that I hardly notice when I step on a stone or twig. I ambled down to the social club for breakfast - slices of paw-paw, sticky coconut rice and a pot of fresh Zimbabwean coffee. I checked the news and saw that Robin Gibb was dead - so he really has gone back to Massachusetts now. Time for my morning dip so I dived in the luke warm water of the social club pool:-
I'm writing another book so on and off I spent a lot of the day tapping away at my laptop. The temperature in the middle of the day must have been up to forty degrees centigrade but a wafting breeze from across the sea made it bearable. Occasionally, I cooled off in the pool. I ordered chilled coconut milk and in the early evening chose grilled sea bream for dinner which I ate on the terrace overlooking the ocean where Ofama's longboat was at anchor:-
Down on the beach I noticed that Thuza was sitting crosslegged in a sort of trance performing her customary yoga exercises. No doubt this is what makes her body so supple. But not for me. I closed my laptop after producing almost five thousand words in just one day and sauntered homewards along the winding forest path where cotton sheets and silver moonlight were again waiting to embrace me...

15 comments:

  1. It's a hard life, but somebody's got to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting post. I'm sorry that you chill your coconuts in the social club pool. Perhaps you should have your lilac speedos insulated. I like your photographs and am anxiously awaiting the completion of your next book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KATHERINE Having second thoughts about returning to The Land of the Long White Cloud? I told you you should have toughed it out a little while longer.
    RHYMES WITH The new book will be aimed at adults and I'm trying to make it rather disturbing so I might put you in as a grumpy janitor who feeds Venus flytraps and has long hair like a hippy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed your first book YP, (just finished it the other day) so I am looking forward to reading the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "No doubt this is what makes her body so supple. But not for me."

    Who is it for then?

    ReplyDelete
  6. JENNY I am so delighted that you bothered to order my book and read it. Thank you. Now I'll have to find a place for you in my new book - perhaps as the "superhead" of the anti-hero's school? Or would you prefer to be the raunchy girl who serves the chips in the local friery?
    SHOOTING PARROTS Clever! But of course I meant the yoga you twerp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds delicious...but who are those people by the pool?

    ReplyDelete
  8. LIBBY They're just Burmese workers. I let them hang about near the pool but of course they are not allowed in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aha! There's something not quite right here.
    You have been sprung!
    There's practically NO moon at the moment, so there couldn't possibly be "...silver moonlight ... again waiting to embrace me."

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "no beer and no TV makes Yorkshire pudding go crazy" copied and pasted 500 times on your laptop does not amount to 5000 words!! It's just ten words repeated.... and it doesn't make you any more sane either.... red rum.... red rum..... in the 2:30 at Ascot!! muhahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Quick- grow a maze near the social club!

    ReplyDelete
  13. KATHERINE Regarding the silvery moon I was of course speaking metaphorically.
    ARCTIC FOX That does it! My new book will contain a six foot skinheaded transvestite ballet dancer from Huddesfield. BTW Plenty of Tetley's and if I choose to watch it plenty of TV.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice save.
    But be on your guard. I will catch you out one day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, I'm really spoiled for choice there, YP. I think I'll leave the decision to you, but if I don't think it's a true representation of me - I'll sue! :)

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits