My local pub has held quizzes for more years than I care to remember. Every Tuesday and Sunday night like clockwork. However, now that the pub is in limbo, awaiting a takeover by new owners, there have nights when running the quiz would have been ridiculous because of low attendance. Consequently, I have got into the habit of creating homemade Sunday night quizzes for a few of the last men standing - true stalwarts of "The Banner Cross Hotel" such as Higgy and Steve. Lord knows where everybody else has gone.
Anyway, sifting through my self-researched quiz sheets, it occurred to me that some of my esteemed and remarkably bright blog visitors might enjoy tackling a sample of these quiz questions. Please leave your answers in the comments section - even if you can only manage a couple of answers. And remember that anyone using Google to seek out answers will receive a jolting electric shock directly through their keyboard or mouse!
- Who played Rhett Butler in the 1939 film, "Gone With the Wind"?
- In Indian and Pakistani cuisine, what does the word "murgh" mean?
- A castrated bull is called a bullock but what is a castrated ram called?
- If John Lennon was still alive today, how old would he be?
- Which of the planets lies between Saturn and Neptune?
- What is the two word French term for custard with burnt sugar on the top?
- Beatrix Potter published "The Tale of Timmy Tiptoes" in 1911, but what kind of creature was Timmy Tiptoes?
- What does the Latin term, "tempus fugit" mean?
- How is Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta better known?
- Which African country's flag is red with a black bordered green pentagram in the middle?
The correct answers will be provided tomorrow. And there will be a special prize for the overall winner!