23 September 2016

Adrian

Adrian is safe and sound. He is the wily fellow who manages a blog called "Adrian's Images". One or two of us were getting worried about him because he hasn't blogged since August 15th and normally he posts something of interest every day or two..

However, it appears that the reason for his absence is mundane. Staying on a farm near Auchtermuchty in Fife, he had been reliant upon his hosts' broadband supplier in order to connect  to the worldwide web. This summer they changed providers and in the process Adrian has temporarily lost his connection. Thanks to Detective G. Edwards of Eagleton Notes Constabulary for unearthing this information. Fife police have now called off their manhunt, including the dive team who had been meticulously dredging The Firth of Tay.

A former skjpper aboard merchant ships, Adrian lives in a camper van with his two West Highland terriers - Molly and Alf. He is passionate about nature and photography. Many of his posts demonstrate these twin passions in which he has developed  a great deal of technical expertise. Though he is approaching the age of seventy, he maintains a refreshing inquisitiveness about the world around him. 

I am confident that Adrian will be blogging again  before too long. There are many more mushrooms, flies, beetles and butterflies left  to capture with his various cameras and many more muddy puddles for Molly and Alf to splash through. If you have never visited Adrian's blog before, please go here and have a good root round.

28 comments:

  1. Hooray! Best post ever! What a load has been lifted from our minds....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you have been having an online "bromance" with Adrian so have no fear your bro is okay.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the heads up! 🙉🙈🙊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How on earth do you get those emojis into your comment Jennifer? You clever thing!

      Delete
    2. Yes, I would like to know how to do that please Jennifer. I know where to find them on my phone but not on this iMac !

      Delete
    3. I'm replying and commenting via my phone when I add emojis. Happy Autumn Equinox! 🍂🍁🍃🍂🍁

      Delete
    4. Who needs words when you can talk to people with emojis? Unfortunately (or fortunately) I don't possess a mobile phone (cell phone).

      Delete
  3. I'd already read the good news on Graham's blog, but there was no picture of the triplets. Thank you for telling us more about Adrian and his blog, I'll have a look now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The triplet picture gives folk just a glimpse of his skill as a photographer.

      Delete
  4. Adrian's is fortunate to have someone, namely, you, keeping an eye out for him...for his welfare. I'm sure he appreciates it.

    I approached 70 a couple of years ago...and still can't believe I was so forward to have done so!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you approached seventy warily - with a big stick.

      Delete
    2. No point! Time stops for no one and that includes me. I'm now approaching 72...which is drawing closer...or I'm drawing closer...in November. No stick is powerful enough! I'll face it and look it head on!! :)

      Delete
  5. Adrian is new to me, I shall go and have a root around forthwith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like creepy crawlies and fungi Sue.

      Delete
    2. Only if they're cooked in butter and garlic.

      Delete
  6. " Though he is approaching the age of 70…etc etc…..I'll have you know that I am soon to be 71, and still manage to function as I always have. You can go off people you know Mr. Pudding!! Glad that your friend Adrian has resurfaced. Or should that be friends ? I will have a look at his blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I was saying is that he is young at heart Frances. Some people seem to lose their joie de vivre as they grow older but Adrian remains excitable. I guess that in some ways you are the same.

      Delete
    2. I just posted a comment here I thought, but can't see it now! I said that his insect pics are amazing, though that is a very overused word these days, especially on certain TV progs!

      Delete
  7. That picture at the top is the caption for a good old Yorkshire saying, as I am sure you know! (and it is so true of the average Yorkshireman).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aye lass but there should be a fourth one with hands pressed over pockets - "Spend Nowt".

      Delete
  8. Disappearing bloggers.....the subject of my post today

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:32 am

    Be one with himself - enviable. Hope Adrian can enjoy nature many many more years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a great advertisement for independence. Adrian plays by his own rules.

      Delete
  10. Well, that's a relief!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, Neil, you provided the information. I just made the phone calls. I have to say that I was very concerned.

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits