15 June 2023

Jetwashing

Not much to report from Pudding Towers today. The weather here in South Yorkshire has continued to be quite gorgeous and I am sitting at this keyboard in shorts with my muscular legs still fully exposed expecting another sunny day tomorrow.

We looked after Little Phoebe all day today and very soon I must share some more pictures of her here on this blog. She is not a baby any more but a fully fledged toddler. Shirley took her swimming this morning while I got on with some more jetwashing.

Investing in a jetwasher was one of my wisest investments. They are so good for cleaning paving stones, brickwork and wooden decking. Weather-stained, grimy and sometimes slippery surfaces can be quickly spruced up just by blasting water at them. Not only do you make a visual impact but you also improve safety. If you don't look after them, decking boards and indeed block paving stones can be lethal - especially in wet weather.

Phoebe and her parents will be heading off to Crete next week so Shirley and I have taken the opportunity to book our own holiday abroad. We haven't flown since September 2019 when we visited Croatia and obviously that was just before the pandemic hit us all.

We thought of going further afield but in the end we have settled upon a week in Sicily. It is a last minute booking and I noticed  there were hardly any seats left on our flight from Manchester. If a day's excursion isn't too costly we hope to visit Mount Etna and no doubt we will explore the city of Syracuse. We have never been to Sicily before. It is a big island with plenty of hiding places for the local mafia. I sincerely hope that we do not run into those guys.

Here in England the news is all about Boris Johnson, his resignation as an MP. his lies and his dissatisfaction with the parliamentary committee that was charged with exploring his past conduct and rule breaking during COVID. There's something very Trumpian about him even though Johnson purports to be someone who respects  democratic processes. He has been found out and he doesn't like it. I would be very happy to jetwash him out of existence.

24 comments:

  1. Sometimes spur of the moment trips turn out to be the most memorable for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the Internet, booking last minute holidays is a cinch.

      Delete
  2. I wish I had bought a power washer a long time ago. Many things can be done with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But not blasting The Micro Manager with it!

      Delete
  3. Sicily sounds lovely. Sigh. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds hot! What are we doing leaving this (so far) lovely English summer?

      Delete
  4. You're going to Sicily! As you may (or may not) recall, I was married to a Sicilian and spent many a summer on the island. But only my very first visit (didn't know my ex-husband then) made it to my blog. If you are interested, you can read my series of post subtitled "Souvenirs from Sicily" starting with part I:
    https://librarianwithsecrets.blogspot.com/2010/03/bluest-eyes-of-genua.html

    When the latest bit about Johnson was on our news, my first thought was that he sounds very much like Trump - apart from his English being British, of course, and Trump's way with words being a lot less sophisticated.

    My next door neighbour has a jet washer, too. I believe jet-washing is her hobby, as she does one part or other of her patio and garden paths nearly every week. I wonder how much electriciy and water these devices consume.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be three years since I last used our jetwasher. I will make a point of reading your "Souvenirs from Sicily" post. Thanks.

      Delete
  5. I could use a jet washer on my floors here, the lino was old and stained when I moved in and doesn't look any better in spite of the occasional washing it gets. Probably a jet washer would blast it to smithereens though, so I'll just give it another sweep instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jetwashers tend to be used outside only River!

      Delete
  6. Johnson will still hang around on the outside edge. He has been thoroughly 'outed' but will not recognise this. Enjoy your holiday abroad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is suspected that "The Daily Mail" have signed him up as a columnist. Even more reason to never buy "The Daily Mail".

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Even when jetwashing it is important to consider one's appearance.

      Delete
  8. I'm reluctant to use the jet washer this year with the threat of drought and wildfires hanging over much of Europe. They use a great deal of water and electricity, but do clean efficiently. The last time I jet washed a large area of tiles, we had "dirty" rain (bringing sand from the Sahara) a couple of days later and it all needed doing again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be three years since I last used our jetwasher so I don't feel bad about it CG.

      Delete
  9. A downside of living in Australia is everywhere else is so far away. I look forward to reading about your trip.
    Jet washers are amazing. And you can write rude words on the pavement with them and giggle and them remove them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had not thought of that! Maybe next time.

      Delete
  10. I book any accommodation online via Bookng.Com and flight tickets via Ryanair. No middle man.

    ReplyDelete
  11. But who's going to feed the birds?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Boris over the Don, at least yours hasn't be arrested - yet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We call them "power washers" over here. Same-same.
    Terrific news about you going to Sicily! I can't wait for pictures!
    As to Boris- I read something the other that said something like, "If you've never been held accountable for your actions, it seems like persecution when you are."

    ReplyDelete
  14. How nice that you and Shirley will be off to Sicily for a fun adventure! I look forward to hearing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, Boris and the Donald seem to be much alike in their contempt for laws.
    Enjoy your trip to Sicily and, hopefully, your escape from the news for awhile.

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits