5 August 2011

Weekend

Paul and Josephine's house in County Clare

In case you're wondering where I have gone, I am off to Ireland this weekend. Mainly to see Paul's family. Perhaps I'll be able to help Josephine to sort out a gravestone for my big brother. I'm not sure how much these things cost. There's good money to be made when people die - undertakers, florists, pub and hotel buffets, solicitors (Crooks, Glutton and Sons), burial plot fees and finally the stone - "Oh yes sir, no problemo! We can do that for you. The price? Do you wanna sit down?" I am also planning to visit Tipperary. It's a long, long way to Tipperary you know! And I want to take a good number of photographs for the Geograph project before flying back to Liverpool from Cork on Monday afternoon. There may be also time for half a dozen pints of the black stuff. Stranger things have happened.

7 comments:

  1. Well, off you go then and have some good family time. You've been required to do a lot of supporting of family in the last year or so haven't you? It's a good thing they have you for support.
    Cheers
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to get together with family. Hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care and travel safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it all goes well, YP. Not the most profound comment I know - - but I do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Headstones are expensive from my limited experience.

    Some years ago, we discovered that we have a family grave that my granddad bought in the 1940s for a child who died young.

    When my aunt died in the US, she asked that her ashes should be interred there and my uncle if I would help organise a headstone with enough space on it to add other family members who want there ashes to end up there.

    It wasn't cheap, but there was going to be even more expense each time a name was added.

    I suggested that we add all or names at one go to save money and then just chip a cross against each as we popped our clogs.

    The idea didn't go down well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recommend Suitte, Grabbit & Runne as solicitors. Have a good time YP !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would kill YOU and my own mother to live in that house!

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits