30 May 2023

Preoccupied

I was so busy last night that I forgot to blog. This year so far I had managed to blog on every single day though mostly I publish my posts just before midnight. It puts the pressure on to press "Publish" before the witching hour.

What was I doing?

Well I was back on the scaffolding for the very last time, sealing features of our UPVC windows with a silicon gun. There was also some touching up of the paint to do. To tell you the truth, one could dab away at that whiteness forever and still find minuscule flaws.  Then there was clearing up to do. It was ten o'clock by the time I got finished. I even missed the final of "University Challenge" but I can catch up with that later.

I got changed and drove out to fill up Clint with petrol. He was very thirsty. Then I renewed my National Lottery ticket for another month and bought a two litre carton of milk. Back home I had two important e-mails to write and before you knew it midnight had passed by and I had missed the blogging deadline. Boo hoo!

I will be driving up to York before midday today. I have planned to meet up with my old friend Tony. We will be staying at a pub near the village of Flaxton north east of York. We plan to have a five or six mile walk this afternoon and another longer walk tomorrow.

The excellent weather we have been enjoying in the north of England goes on. Soon we will all be doing a rain dance.

I must dash. There are things I need to pack.

29 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time with Tony, and your walk tomorrow.
    We did a rain dance recently and look what it gave us - days of torrential rain and severe flooding. Be careful what you wish for is so true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hang on Carol! Everybody knows that the rain in Spain stays mainly on the plain!

      Delete
    2. Not this time it didn't!

      Delete
  2. No blogging rules. Who noticed you did not post at midnight? What time is your midnight here?
    Bah, Clint did not transport you to York to see us. York is rather nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have come up to York to see you.

      Delete
  3. I use the schedule ahead function, to meet my blog everyday commitment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that a little bit like cheating Mr Penguin?

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your time away with Tony. What an excellent way to recover from all that painting.
    And Andrew is right- no blogging rules. No one is paying us for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. It was indeed a reward for the painting.

      Delete
  5. We are enjoying a spell of beautiful early summer weather, too; ideal for walking; not too hot yet but dry enough to make for "unmuddy" paths in the woods.
    Enjoy your walking break with your friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, Wednesday was not the day that the weather people had predicted on Monday but we still loved the walk.

      Delete
  6. I forgive you for missing your midnight deadline, Neil. I didn't notice as I check your blog in the morning here and I have no idea what time it is there - must be evening, right?
    I am glad your project is finished and you have time for a getaway with your friend, Tony. Have a terrific walk (oh, wait, you probably already had your walk today - hope it was great)! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellen! Yes it was a reward to myself after all those hours up on the scaffolding.

      Delete
  7. Have a wonderful outing. Can't wait to see pictures. Did you build the scaffolding yourself? Or, will someone come and take it down when you are finished?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God, no! The scaffolding was erected by professionals Donna.

      Delete
  8. Have a good time away. I look forward to Walk Photos™.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must say, the thing that keeps me blogging daily is that I do it first thing in the morning. I have a feeling if I let the day's activities begin I'd never stay on schedule!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps I should follow your example Steve! (He said through gritted teeth!)

      Delete
  10. Good idea to get those windows sealed before the rains come. You'll be taking photos in York?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were near York Ms River but did not venture into the city.

      Delete
  11. there's no issue with missing a post. Look after yourself first by having a good walk.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I waited up all night just to read your blog post. So disappointing.

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits