21 October 2023

Points

England rugby captain Owen Farrell scored all fifteen of  England's points

I don't feel like blogging tonight. Unusually, there's nothing much I have got to say.

Storm Babet has left South Yorkshire and the city is drying out. Those flood waters that spread across Endcliffe Park yesterday have drained back into The River Porter.

The congested headachey condition I have been experiencing for the last three days seems to be running its course now. I  bought a lateral flow test this afternoon but after self-administering  as instructed, I was relieved to see that the "test" line remained blank. I hadn't done one of those tests in over a year.

This evening, courtesy of our television, I watched the second semi-final of The Rugby Union World Cup from Paris, France. England put up a really good fight against the reigning world champions - South Africa and lost the match by a single point.  Our lads were a tad unfortunate but good luck to South Africa in next weekend's final against New Zealand. It will, I am sure, be a great game.

I am pretty confident that I will have a grandson in the middle of the week ahead. The attached obstetrician in  London has already indicated that he wants to speed the baby boy's birth along for reasons I don't fully understand. Meanwhile, up here in Sheffield, Frances and Stew's second child is fully cooked but presently showing no signs of wishing to emerge from my daughter's belly. Of course, in that baby's case the problem of the low platelet count continues to cause significant concern. My anxiety will only evaporate after the birth and mother and child are both declared to be well.

But as I said at first, I don't feel like blogging tonight.

29 comments:

  1. Well, it's not like you to not have something good to say. I hope you recover quickly from your bug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been churning this stuff out for eighteen years now.

      Delete
  2. There are a lot of nasty viruses around, it seems. Not all are THAT one.
    Wishing the imminent arrivals all the best for safe deliveries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think it was COVID but I felt I ought to check.

      Delete
  3. I had a fully cooked son who didn't want to leave "home" so he was induced ten days later. I hope that doesn't become necessary for Frances. I hope also the other baby is in good health when born. I remember my great-grandson was delivered early because he was breach and resisted all attempts to turn him and he had a large head, so a natural birth would have been very hard. Anyway, I'll think good wishes for you and the new family members and also hope whatever you have is well cleared up by then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your good wishes Elsie.

      Delete
  4. Like you, only this week I have self-tested for the first time in a long time and resulted negative. I hope your headachey condition is soon going to be a thing of the past. Looking after Phoebe while your daughter is in hospital won‘t be much fun when you‘re not fit.
    Wishing Frances, Sarah and the two arriving grandchildren all the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This family is just about to get a whole lot bigger but I am saying this with fingers crossed.

      Delete
  5. Fingers crossed for both births.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed. Only when they have arrived will I breathe a sigh of relief.

      Delete
  6. Hope you have great news to write about this week YP. The coughs and bad chests seem to be everywhere at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind thoughts Dave.

      Delete
  7. Fingers crossed both babies are with you soon and your anxiety levels can return to normal. Sounds like you have a bit of post-viral malaise too. These bugs can be exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Healthwise I haven't really felt myself for a month or so now.

      Delete
  8. I know you didn't ask, but,m yes, I'd hit it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you hit it you would be rugby tackled like a pig escaping from a butcher's shop.

      Delete
  9. Sounds like by the end of next week, you will have a lot to blog about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weight and colour and "Oh, doesn't he look like your father!"

      Delete
  10. Take care of yourself and be there for you family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope that all goes well for both mothers and babies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Percentage-wise, all should be perfectly fine.

      Delete
  12. Doctors do like to fiddle around with things. I hope that all goes well for both mamas and both babies. And you get well so you can hold the little new ones! Grandfather kisses are required for proper development, you know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kisses from a grandpa are worth their weight in gold.

      Delete
  13. John over in Wales has been down for awhile with a bug too but apparently it cured itself now, Babet has passed and he's thrown his cottage open to the fresh air. Hope you have a similar experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will not be throwing our windows open. I am not Julie frigging Andrews!

      Delete
  14. I hope that by the time you're reading this you feel better. I've been keeping an eye on your blog, waiting to hear of the safe arrival of the new little Puddings. Best wishes to Sarah and especially Frances as they prepare to give birth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are very close now. Thank you Jennifer!

      Delete
  15. Ah, so that's what's going on -- well, I'm glad it's not Covid, anyway. Hopefully by now you are on the mend. I'm sure those babies will arrive soon, safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits