7 August 2026

Lions

Phoebe with "Heart of Oak" by Lydia Monks

Several blogposts back I told you about a new fund-raising drive by Sheffield Children's Hospital. It involves individually painted lion and lioness sculptures. Including the smaller cubs, there are three hundred to see this summer.

I saw four of them with Phoebe on Monday afternoon when we visited The Botanical Gardens. And four more outside our cathedral as I waited for a Supertram to Parkgate, Rotherham.  Needless to say, I did not go inside the holy building to pray for absolution.

I have provided four lion images to illustrate this blogpost.

This one is called "The Dame" in honour of our local
and great Olympian - Dame Jessica Ennis-Hill

Phoebe with "Queen of the Jungle"

As I know that this humble blog attracts some very kind visitors as well as fabulously wealthy bit coin investors and hedge fund investors, I  ask you to consider donating to the "Pride of Yorkshire" initiative that, as I say, is raising extra funds for The Sheffield Children's Hospital which does magnificent work for children in need from this region. Check out this link. And remember that God is scoring your performance as you negotiate your earthly existence!

"Untamed" by Lisa Maltby

1 comment:

  1. The photo of Phoebe with the lion is sweet.
    What kind of conveyance might a Supertram be?

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits