28 August 2026

Renaming

A certain someone, whose flatulent name I shall not utter, has taken it upon himself to change names that have in at least two instances existed for hundreds of years. Just yesterday, in a fit of pique, the tetchy  old man decided that Lake Ontario would henceforth be known as Lake America. I was astounded but then it suddenly occurred to me that if that dumbass (English: idiot) can change customary names then so can I . Here we go...

Don Junior and Eric - Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum

Mar-a-Lago -  Palm Beach Lunatic Asylum

Ivanka - Barbie Girl

Jared Kushner - Captain Lapdog

Melania - The Snow Queen

Barron - Lurch

Natalie Harp - Sweetie Pie Darling Honeybunch

Robert F. Kennedy Junior - Mister Lobotomy

Pete Hegseth - Buzz Nightmare

The White House - The Brown For Now House

Trump International Golf Links (Aberdeen, Scotland) - The Gulf of Mexico

Trump National Golf Club Bedminster - Lake Ontario

"Shadows & Light" (blog) - "Plant World"

"Magnon's Meanderings" (blog) - "Mein Kampf"

"Yorkshire Pudding" (blog) - "Truth Social"

"Truth Social"  (social media platform) - "Falsehood Anti-Social"

Vladimir Putin - Satan

Trumpton (BBC children's TV  town) - Barackton

Black - White

White - Black

Well, I could go on - renaming this and renaming that but renaming stuff is quite tiring so I will give it a rest for now. And while I am snoozing can you come up with any other renaming suggestions? For instance can you rename the demented fool who chose to change Lake Ontario's name  instead of  reflecting upon the disaster in Nepal in an appropriately statesmanlike manner? Presidents Obama and Biden would certainly have done that but of course they were both far better and wiser men. 

Thank you for your ATTENTION to this matter! Y. N. Pudding

P.S. Note to the intellectually challenged cartographer. If you are using capital letters then  stick with them.  Do not arbitrarily mix up capitals and small case letters. I am thinking in particular of your two es and your letter i. This advice is given freely.

29 comments:

  1. Glasgow -- Buckieland.

    Named after Buckfast, the popular Green Bottle (Brown Bottle in Ireland).
    A highly caffeinated, fortified wine that gives imbibers a wide-awake intoxication.

    One bottle of Buckie is the equivalent in caffeine content to 90 cans of Coke !
    Produced cheaply by Benedictine monks, it's the cause of murder and mayhem.

    Buckie is a global brand generating £55-60 million in annual sales.
    Lanliq or Lanny is the alternative ; higher alco content but no caffeine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure you didn't make Buckie up Mr H.?

      Delete
    2. Getting Buzzed off Buckfast : Munchies Guide to Scotland.
      Buckfast, Bulls & Big Tunes a Wild Night in Glasgow with ADZii BOii.
      Early 90s TV Clip about Buckfast. maryhinge.
      The Buckfast Poem Scotland. TravelSnapz.
      Buckfast Rhapsody.

      All on YouTube.
      I thought the first two videos were irresponsible.
      My father thought it a disgrace that the monks still fermented it.

      AI Overview : *Buckfast (or the Buckie Triangle) is a Glasgow slang
      for the greater Glasgow area and the towns of Lanarkshire.*

      All McCoist got a lot of flak for saying Glasgow city centre is dangerous.

      Delete
    3. Buckfast Abbey was where Ann Widdecombe was buried. She did not die from drinking too much Buckie but from an altogether more terrible method.

      Delete
  2. Somebody has no idea of the value of fee information. He also doesn't know anything about irony.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day, he will be gone. That will come as a huge relief to the vast majority of earthlings.

      Delete
  3. The moron can't find anything to do that would benefit the country and the world. I've renamed the felon many times, most unfit to print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In New York State, near Rochester, there's a county called Ontario. Will Mr Potato Head be renaming that too?

      Delete
  4. The name Ontario is likely derived from the Iroquoian word Kaniatarí:io or Oniatarí:io meaning "lake of shining waters" or "beautiful lake". I'm guessing trump thought the lake was named after the province but that's not the case.

    Here's an interesting article about Canadian place names.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_place_names_in_Canada_of_Indigenous_origin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my opinion it is wonderful that so many indigenous place names have been preserved or adapted in Canada even though the communities that evolved the names were not always treated fairly or humanely.

      Delete
  5. LOL -- very good. If I'm now "Plant World," can I still write about my dog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. You'll need a separate blog for that - "Dogblog"

      Delete
  6. Renaming the orange one would bring insult to any word you use.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does drive you mad, angry at the sheer arrogance of the man. Then you justify his behaviour as moronic which helps but does not lead anywhere. So what will happen? I think we should all go on strike against AI, Gemini (whatever that is) and every dictate that emerges from the USA. Catching a glimpse of Mark Zuckerberg's face yesterday in a news article. Cold blue eyes but also dead eyes, he could be a robot himself

    ReplyDelete
  8. I suppose 47 is more annoying than mixed upper case and lower case, but both are serious.
    Hegseth, Buzz the Boozer. (How cool. Blogger spell check doesn't recognise his name)
    Kennedy Jnr, No Jab Man.
    I like Bob's name for Melania, the Slovenian Hooker.
    I like Canada's You Tuber 'Guard the Leaf's' name for #47, The Orange McNugget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might rename you Andrew but I will keep my ideas under wraps as I do not wish to cause offence.

      Delete
  9. I think The White House should be renamed The Gilded Grotto and Trump The Grotty Sooky-Baby Tantrum Thrower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He thinks that all that tacky gold decor is tasteful! Ha-ha-ha!

      Delete
  10. Melanoma and HeWhoShallNotBeNamed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott Beasant could be The Wicked Hamster.

      Delete
  11. Someone said that soon he'll rename the San Andreas Fault and call it Joe Biden's Fault.. That nade me cackle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything is Joe Biden's fault. Hell, he even caused the deadly river deluge in Nepal. He was also responsible for the assassination of John F. Kennedy and the death of Dolly Parton.

      Delete
  12. I have some of my own to share:
    Don Junior and Eric - Cokehead and The Dumb One
    Mar-a-Lago - MarIllegal
    Ivanka - Daddy's Favorite Wife
    Jared Kushner - Eunuch
    Melania - Slovenian Hooker
    Barron - Lurch works for me, too!
    Natalie Harp - Diaper Doody Darlin'
    Robert F. Kennedy Junior - Heroin
    Pete Hegseth - DUI Hire
    The White House - The Sh*t Show
    Vladimir Putin - Daddy Vladdy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like Lurch for the youngest one.

      Delete
  13. I think we should turn it around so that the name Donald Trump becomes the gravest insult one could use on a person. It would indicate the highest order of narcissism, racism, misogyny, pedophilia, idiocy, cruelty, ignorance, greed, sociopathy, inability to tell the truth, physical unattractiveness, dishonorableness, coarseness, selfishness, and...
    I could go on.
    It would be used thus: "He is such a Donald Trump."
    Of course it is doubtful that anyone else in the universe would come quite to his level of displaying all of those traits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already say, "I'm going for a Donald" and "Remember to wash your hands when you have had a Donald Phoebe!"

      Delete
  14. I've seen calls for the North Sea to be renamed the Yorkshire Ocean.

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits