17 October 2023

Warning

It is easy to conceive of a system that harnesses AI, stock market patterns, cryptocurrency expertise and clever algorithms to generate easy money. When I apparently stumbled upon such a system within the internet just yesterday, I was momentarily wowed. Maybe I could also get rich quick with a simple investment of £250. After all we could afford to lose that but I needed to know more.

There are so many scams out there that wise people always do their due diligence. Many times I have googled addresses, phone numbers or company titles only to find that they belonged to dirty rotten scammers. Besides, linked to the very idea of easy money there are two old sayings that we should always remember: "There's no such thing as a free lunch" and "If something seems too good to be true then it probably is."

The online "company" that captured my interest was called "Immediate Alpha" though on other days it might be called something else like "Immediate Edge" for example. Searching for true information about this scam business proved more difficult than any other search I have ever done.


It was as if they had hi-jacked the entire internet to avoid proper detection. They are not mentioned within the legitimate pages of the real Wikipedia and they get lots of back up from an alleged online news service called "Time Business News" which I had never heard of before. It is believed that  it is based in Las Vegas. Not "Times" but "Time".

There are supportive videos and rafts of other trickery including cunning reference to several well-known and trusted celebrities who appear to endorse the scam company's claims. This practice has angered many of these people including Britain's famous "money saving expert" Martin Lewis who has legally battled with Facebook over misuse of his image and his reputation.

Usually, it is pretty simple to confirm scammers - just a few intelligent clicks of your mouse and you have got them but as I say, this was very different. It was as if I was driving a car in a strange city and which ever street I turned down was blocked so I had to reverse out and try another avenue and another till I finally arrived at the damning evidence I expected to find in the first place.

If they do hook you, everything might appear to go swimmingly well at first as your investment profit margin leaps like a scalded frog but it won't be long before they are phoning you every day and applying pressure to make you shell out more cash or provide your bank details or make pretend investments on your behalf.

I guess that "Immediate Alpha" or whatever they are called may not approve of this blogpost and given the depths of their internet cunning, it wouldn't surprise me if they try to block or attack it. But the truth must out.

28 comments:

  1. You shouls join a team of forensic accountants. Your persistance might help track hidden assets of few absconded dictators (it's a real profession, i know someone with PhD in the subject who did just that for a job at the UN).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be very motivating to do a job like that.

      Delete
  2. You've got it . these characters are devious. Your two quotes are old but just as valid as they've always been.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tragically, many innocent people get hooked and duped.

      Delete
  3. My mantra ...
    "If something seems too good to be true then it probably is."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I was going to have a tattoo across my chest, that would be it.

      Delete
  4. I have not heard of them, but then I have always given any offers to make money quick a wide berth. Call me old-fashioned, but I believe in good old, honest work for making a living, and am fortunate enough to live in a country where that is possible for a 55 year old widow with no children to support her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it's a good feeling to earn a wage that pays one's bills in an honest and simple manner.

      Delete
  5. I get scam emails offering me bucket loads of cash, but just by hovering the cursor on the addressee's name you can see right away their real address under it. I recently had Warren Buffet and the FBI wanting to give me money. Ha Ha. You can afford to lose 250 pounds??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I doubt they will attack your blog, it leaves a 'footprint' to be picked up. Crypto currency is like the Emperor with no clothes - it is just not there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you had witnessed what I have seen with regard to their cunning internet defences then you might not be so sure about blog interference.

      Delete
  7. If you are looking for a safe place to invest your millions look no further. JayCee Capital Management is a safe pair of hands you can trust.
    Cheques, postal orders and suitcases of tenners are all accepted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just did some Google investigations and have discovered that JayCee Capital Management are based on The Isle of Man which always creates alarm bells.

      Delete
  8. Scams target people our age, who are comfortable, but wonder if they missed out on the great investment, why didn't we buy Amazon when it was worth nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everybody would love to think you can essentially get money for nothing but it's all an illusion.

      Delete
  9. I know of a race horse certainty called Dusty Carpet. It's never been beat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a genuine racehorse called Passing Wind. It was jet-powered.

      Delete
  10. There's no way in heck I'd put even a single penny into cryptocurrency!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not going to comment on this post because I don't want to be caught up in their web of revenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's too late! Your very presence here is enough.

      Delete
  12. They would be wasting their resources trying to lure me. I'm a disciple of John Bogle and just invest in the entire market using index funds. That way if one particular company ends up being a fraud, it barely makes a blip in my portfolio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have got a "portfolio"? Is it leather?

      Delete
  13. Scammers are awful people, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have you read The Moon is a Harsh Mistress by Robert Heinlein? While he didn't coin the phrase "there ain't no such thing as a free lunch", he certainly popularized it in that novel. TANSTAAFL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. I have never read it Kelly but thanks for your input. Science fiction has never been my cup of tea.

      Delete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits