2 April 2017

Riverside

View to The Humber Bridge from Hessle foreshore
After the football match I got on board a double decker bus with my old friend Tony and we travelled back to the "Park and Ride" at Hessle. I should have just got on the A63 ready to speed home but on a whim I took a side road to the foreshore of The River Humber where I snapped the accompanying pictures:-
Looking across The Humber to New Holland in Lincolnshire
Old mooring chain near Hessle Haven
Looking along the Humber shore to the chemical works at Saltend
And then I was back in the car speeding home to Sheffield - a journey I have undertaken many times but always sweeter when my team has won. The A63 merges with the M62. Then it's over The Ouse Bridge near Goole before branching off  along the M18, past Thorne, Doncaster and the A1 junction to the M1. North along that road for two miles then left down the Sheffield Parkway. I could do it with my eyes shut.

Back home my faithful spouse had prepared a comforting cottage pie with garden peas and gravy. A suitable celebratory meal for a hungry Hull City fan.

14 comments:

  1. Great pictures YP! I love shoreline/sky shots like this, and I doubt I'll ever get to the UK so it's nice to see pics from your part of the world.

    Hope you enjoyed the football match!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to give you a vicarious sense of my homeland Chris and yes - I did enjoy the football game (NOT American football).

      Delete
  2. Nice shots. What is it about water that draws us so?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are two thirds water. That might be it Jenny.

      Delete
  3. Nice photos. Like Chris, I love shoreline and sky shots. And cottage pie...is that the one with beef inside and potatoes on top?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. That's right Jennifer. For a shepherd's pie you use lamb mince.

      Delete
  4. Your photos are very atmospheric. Please don't drive with your eyes shut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay Sue, I accept your driving advice.

      Delete
  5. Interesting cloud formation in that second photo, YP. To me, many of your photos would make excellent subjects for paintings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CG. You are so kind. If I started painting all my paintable photographs I would be older than Methuselah when I finished.

      Delete
  6. The celebratory meal sounds lovely, just what was needed for the occasion! The pictures I great, you know how much I like dramatic skies and wide open spaces.
    By the way Fred will be framed today! (Sounds like a secret code, doesn't it? Agent YP, Fred's been framed!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course Roger Rabbit was also framed but Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
      I hope you will remember your promise...to post a picture of Fred in situ in his lovely Swabian frame.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like you had a very good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you are the lifetime President of The Hull City Supporters Club (Brisbane branch) you will appreciate my delight Helen.

      Delete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits