29 December 2018

Flasher

I often visit the website of "The Hull Daily Mail" - mostly to get the latest news on my lifelong football team - Hull City A.F.C.. However, I will also sometimes take note of local news.

It seems that on Boxing Day night a group of young women who share a house in West Hull were traumatised by a flasher. 

One of the women said: “My housemates were walking back because we live down a terrace and as they were walking down they noticed a man stood in the corner with penis in his hands.We were walking back from the car and he was just stood in a dark corner holding his penis. I didn’t want to look because he was scaring me but I saw him in the corner of my eye.”

Later the same fellow "leered" at them through their porch window before running off.

Now I do not wish to make light of flashing. I can understand how being the target of a flasher would be extremely upsetting for anyone but please look at the e-fit at the top of this post. I kid you not - this was the genuine image put out by the police in their appeal for information about the flasher. It has clearly been created on a tablet computer.

Of this image the women say - and I quote -  "it bears an uncanny likeness to the man who exposed himself".

A police spokesman said, "“He’s been described as white, stocky, with dark brown or black, gelled hair. He was wearing a blue ‘Berghaus’ jacket, dark jeans and glasses.” 

They neglected to mention that he has the head of a cartoon character drawn by a seven year old. Thankfully, there are no e-fit pictures of the offending penis.

30 comments:

  1. As young teens walking home from school back in the 70s we were flashed by a bloke , somehow i dont think a pair of 13 year old girls pissing themselves with laughter did his ego much good . We were still gigling when we told our mums who didnt find it funny . But they did pay our bus fair for a couple of weeks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you weren't traumatised for life by the terrible sight?

      Delete
  2. He looks remarkably like Harry Potter. Obviously the invisibility cloak wasn't working!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that his face does not its way into your dreams ADDY.

      Delete
  3. A case of excited by the title disappointed by the post

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have reached the point in my long and varied life that I can never be sure that anything you say is true. But that's okay; I do love a good fiction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This story is indeed true Bob. If you don't believe me, please visit this link:-
      https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/womens-terror-creepy-flasher-stands-2367559

      Delete
  5. I once had a guy expose himself to me and proceed to stroke his penis. I wish I had had the presence of mind to laugh at it like Kate Steeper mentions above. That would have served him right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember being flashed at when I was young, put me off my dinner, but only for the day, lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Walking through Dundee many years ago with a friend and his wife a chap opened his coat and presented himself in all his glory to the wife who didn't bat an eyelid but simply said "Very nice dear. Now put it away please."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But what did she day to the flasher?

      Delete
    2. Best comeback ever!!

      Delete
    3. I see YP's reply got in there ahead of mine - I was complimenting Graham's story :)

      Delete
  8. I thought you'd made up the picture part, too, until I followed the link you supplied, YP. You might have mentioned it was a publicly submitted drawing and not the police drawing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I protest. The police chose to issue it!

      Delete
  9. To quote the wonderfully witty, debonair David Niven when the streaker interrupted him during his, Niven's, hosting of the 1974 Oscars....""Isn't it fascinating to think that probably the only laugh that man will ever get in life is by stripping off and showing his shortcomings?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An interesting follow-up story re the streaker during Niven's Oscar presentations.....

      https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/oscars-flashback-story-behind-streaker-682548

      Delete
    2. THanks for making this fascinating connection Lee.

      Delete
  10. I, too, was flashed at in my early teens with friends on the train after school by a middle-aged man who flashed at us under the leg of his shorts (the 70s had very skimpy shorts for men in these parts). We thought it was the most ridiculous thing to do and simultaneously rolled our eyes and sniggered uncontrollably in the way only girls of that age do. It never occurred to us to even tell parents, let alone the police, and traumatised we were not. If pressed for an e-fit, I doubt I could have done better than the Expert job at the top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder how that flasher's life developed Pip. What did he go on to do?

      Delete
  11. Ridiculous ! I would be very funny if they catch him from it !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps he really does look like that!

      Delete
  12. I thinkeach one of the young women added her own interpretation....or maybe the artist was on drugs.

    I think flashing is so pathetic it's funny but it can be a precursor to real violence so i hope they get the guy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Kylie. We should not laugh too much as flashing is a type of perversion.

      Delete
  13. thank you for this great awards night....all well deserving. Happy New Year
    Mardy🇨🇦

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits