24 December 2018

Another

Yesterday's designer Christmas card was, I hope you will agree, unique. If you haven't printed it off yet, I am pleased to tell you that it's not too late to do so. It is guaranteed to impress family members and unexpected visitors.

Ever vigilant Meike - the creator of "From My Mental Library" - advised me that I suggested similar money-saving Christmas card print offs in both 2016 and 2017. It's good that she keeps a close eye upon me and even better that she has an excellent memory. I would be lost without her. Thank you Meike!

In 2016 and 2017 I shared my Xmas e-card designs. This is  something I send to people who have not made our physical Christmas card list - distant cousins, former work colleagues, old friends from long ago.

I look through my vast library of photographs and pick one that I think the e-mail recipients might like. This year, rather than picking a traditional snowy image, I chose a picture of an arctic hare that I snapped one hot summer's day upon the moors between Sheffield and Manchester.

The hare had not noticed me. He was staring into the distance as if briefly mesmerised by the honeycomb warmth of that beautiful June day. Standing stock still I was able to capture six or seven images of him or was the hare a her? I'm not good at determining the sex of hares from a distance.

I posted about that day here. And below there's the e-card design that I sent out this Christmas. A happy summer moment in mid-winter:-

14 comments:

  1. I love the laporidae! Great choice!
    Merry Christmas Neil!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I write this it is 10.10 in the morning in Sydney but 11.10pm on Christmas Eve here in England. I guess you have already ripped open your gifts. I have got a full night's sleep to get through. Happy Christmas Kylie!

      Delete
  2. That is lovely! (And maybe the hare DID see you but was keeping very still in hopes that you wouldn't see him!)

    Merry Christmas, Mr. and Mrs. Pudding :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when you took that wonderful picture! It does make a fine card. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have appreciated your supportive "voice" throughout the year Bonnie. Happy Christmas to you and all the people and critters that dwell in Missouri!

      Delete
  4. You are a paragon of ecological and economical consciousness, YP. This photo is a really good choice. Blogging friend Monica (Dawn Treader) from Sweden has been posting a photo every day this Advent, like an Advent Calendar on her blog. She used pictures taking during a holiday trip across Sweden this past summer, and it amazed me how many summer pictures actually made very good Advent calendar pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a lovely idea. I might steal it. Have a lovely day Meike!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful. I won't add any glitter to this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you tried the hare would definitely run away. Happy Christmas Sue!

      Delete
  6. Best Seasons Greetings to you and Mrs Pud. Thankyou for your interesting blog dialogue this year, your welcome and your interaction to those who comment, you make it a lovely place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see it's 8pm in east coast Oz right now but nine in the morning here. I hope you have had a lovely Christmas Day Elle. I guess you'll have had several tinnies by now. THanks for your interest and your kind support.

      Delete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits