22 December 2018

Snowpeople

Snow-woman
Brother Robin who lives in France often forwards "funnies" to me. I am sure you know the kind of thing. They do the rounds via e-mail. 

This morning he sent me a "funny" that had a special resonance because last month a BBC Children's TV presenter sparked a minor media storm by referring to snowmen as "snow people" - as if somehow the term "snowman" was laced with historic misogyny, stinking of political incorrectness.

8:00 - I made a snowman.
8:10 - A feminist passed by and asked me why I didn't make a snow woman.
8:15 - So, I made a snow woman.
8:17 - My feminist neighbor complained about the snow woman's voluptuous chest saying it objectified snow women everywhere.
8:20 - The gay couple living nearby threw a hissy fit and moaned it could have been two snow men instead.
8:22 - The transgender man..woman...person asked why I didn't just make one snow person with detachable parts.
8:25 - The vegans at the end of the lane complained about the carrot nose, as veggies are food and not to decorate snow figures with.
8:28 - I am being called a racist because the snow couple is white.
8:31 - The Muslim gent across the road demands the snow woman wear a burqa.
8:40 - The Police arrive saying someone has been offended.
8:42 - The feminist neighbor complained again that the broomstick of the snow woman needs to be removed because it depicted women in a domestic role.
8:43 - The council equality officer arrived and threatened me with eviction.
8:45 - TV news crew from the ABC shows up. I am asked if I know the difference between snowmen and snow-women? I reply, "Snowballs" and am now called a sexist.
9:00 - I'm on the News as a suspected terrorist, racist, homophobic, sensibility offender, bent on stirring up trouble during difficult weather.
9:10 - I am asked if I have any accomplices. My children are taken by social services.
9:29 - Far left protesters offended by everything are marching down the street demanding for me to be beheaded.

24 comments:

  1. I'm sure that this post must fall foul of some 'rule' somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe the rule is that one is not allowed to poke fun at political correctness on pain of death.

      Delete
    2. Well I've been vegan for years and years and I count myself as a feminist and I thought it was funny!

      Delete
    3. Vegans seem to get a bad press but thankfully things are changing. My son is also a vegan VC. See "Bosh!"

      Delete
  2. The only comment I can offer is that we don't refer to a regular mixed crowd of people as "men" - we call them people. So why not snowpeople? Not that long ago, we only made snowMEN, but now we make everything. And by we, I mean the general we, because it's been a long time since I made anything out of snow except snowbanks when I snowshovel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it snows over Christmas in Yorkshire, I plan to make a SnowJenny. Please advise me how big the mouth will need to be.

      Delete
    2. Regular donkey size :D Don't forget the teeth!

      Delete
    3. And did I detect some Christmas Sarcasm? lol

      Delete
    4. Sarcasm? Who - me? You misjudge me my donkular friend.

      Delete
  3. Oh dear...! And the worst is that it sounds so real!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There certainly is a large grain of truth in this comical report.

      Delete
  4. A good example of what can happen with too much political correctness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people seem to spend a lot of their time seeking blame.

      Delete
  5. This post sent me in search of a certain photo in my childhood photo albums... See my blog, as I can't post it here! (Even in the past, not all snowpeople were snowmen...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just went over to your blog and saw your pretty snow lady. Thanks for calling by DT and please have a Happy Christmas.

      Delete
  6. Hahaha! Good one! Says it in a nutshell! (I guess I shouldn't say "nut")!!!

    Typical of how many think/act today! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you think those who are allergic to nuts will react to your remark Lee?

      Delete
    2. That they'd best stay away from them, I guess, Yorkie....

      Delete
  7. Things could be scary but fortunately cooler heads prevail. Good example of a worst case scenario.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cooler heads prevail - you mean Trump?

      Delete
  8. Yes that meme sounds about right lol, amazing how people get offended by the slightest thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am offended by your use of "lol" Amy.

      Delete
  9. An old man told me the joke about snowballs..."How can you tell the difference between snowMEN and snowWOMEN?...SNOWBALLS!!" Har dee Har har!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG. This is the funniest think I've seen in ages.

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits