8 June 2020

Leadership

All that I have for you today is pictures of two of the world's great leaders - D.J.Trump and Kim Jong-un. On a daily basis, these intellectual giants demonstrate the qualities of great leadership in a changing world.

For example, they have each handled the COVID19 epidemic with intelligence and foresight - happily taking on board the learned advice of epidemiologists and other well-informed academics. They realise that one of the vital traits of leadership is the ability to just listen.

As thousands of families have been wracked by grief, they have offered comfort and support, demonstrating another of the prime qualities of effective leadership - compassion.

Of course, leaders must be decisive and that decisiveness has been very apparent in the actions of both Donald Jong-un and Kim Trump in recent times. In no better sphere than defence is this exemplified. One marvels at the careful planning that has underpinned the building of the "beautiful wall" along America's southern border and at the testing of nuclear weapons above the waters to the west and east of North Korea. Pure genius in the name of World Peace.

As the great Iowan thinker, Leroy Eims said, "A leader is one who sees more than others see, who sees farther than others see, and who sees before others see." Do you see?

30 comments:

  1. Those Images are HILARIOUS! Thanks for making my day... with all the Chaos, Collapse, Contagion and Confusion I needed some Gallow's Humor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have made a bohemian chuckle!

      Delete
  2. A fine, handsome pair of gentlemen to make any lady go weak at the knees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew those pics would turn you on JayCee. Don't worry - I won't tell Lord Peregrine.

      Delete
  3. Where's Boris? Kim Jong supports the great Man U. So he can't be that bad YP?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should invite him over for a holiday in West Cork. You can have spuds and soda bread together.

      Delete
  4. I think that mocking two great world leaders is reprehensible. Mind you first you'd have to find two great world leaders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All that comes to my mind in that story
    The emperors new clothes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh. My morning coffee is now roiling in my belly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a way with sarcasm that is beyond the pale!
    The pictures are ... well, they just ARE! Ugliness personified!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is it with these world leaders? Is it obligatory to have a wacky hairstyle? Trump, Jong-Un and Johnson seem to have been made in the same mould.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great YP!
    That last comment by Leroy Eims, about seeing - does it just mean that they've been to Specsavers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ironically, Trump is rarely seen with his glasses on. His image consultants have clearly advised against glasses.

      Delete
  10. I am speechless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to tell you when I looked at this post on my desktop computer (I had first seen it on my tablet) the top picture was a couple of adorable kittens! I have an app on my computer's browser called MAKA (make America kittens again) which turns all photos of Trump into pictures of kittens. It's interesting it did not change the second picture.

      Delete
    2. I am surprised that images of Trump turn into kittens. Scorpions I could understand - but not kittens.

      Delete
  11. There's something sinister about those pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting switcheroo - did you do the Photoshop yourself?

    The biggest difference between these two, in my opinion, is that Kim has a couple of brain cells to rub together while Trump just flails madly around with no ideas, no plan, and no logic. But both of them cause havoc in their own ways, unfortunately.

    Like Steve said, it's depressing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not my own work Jenny. I only have one brain cell.

      Delete
  13. Neither one of these guys could ever think this about themselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess their opinions of themselves would be far more humble.

      Delete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits