22 September 2023

Antibiotics

 I don't have much to say today as for the past thirty six hours I have been suffering from a urine infection. This happens to me perhaps once every two years or so and the symptoms are unpleasantly familiar.

You feel washed out and feverish. It's a bit like being poisoned from within. My urine is cloudy and as instructed  I took a sample of it to our medical centre in the early afternoon. I have hardly had anything to eat today for my appetite vanished entirely  yesterday evening.

Fortunately, I now have a course of antibiotics that I picked up free of charge from our local pharmacy later this afternoon. No sign of any improvement yet but fingers crossed I will turn a corner tomorrow morning.

I must share this with you. At the pharmacy there was a smiley receptionist in her late fifties. When I rocked up she said, "You used to be my English teacher!"  She had left the school in question in 1982. We both bewailed the fact that it is now the location of a retail park. Such a shame. It was a great school and I had five happy years there.

21 comments:

  1. Oh, poor you. Urinary tract infections are horrible! I hope the antibiotics work quickly and you're feeling much better by tomorrow!

    Of course you know this already, but drink lots of water. That will get you well faster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now your former student knows all about her teacher's personal medical problems. A day or so and the antibiotics will work their magic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such infections are very, very unpleasant. I hope the antibiotic clears things up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. UTIs are no laughing matter, although I'm always surprised when men get them. Sexist I suppose. Hope you're feeling better soon. I've been wrestling with a virus that has settled in my sinuses but I think I'm winning. Sadly my husband now has it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cranberry juice is very good for your condition YP. Are you drinking enough fluids?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to read you are unwell. Maybe by the time you read this, the antibiotics have already kicked in and you are better.
    How nice to run into a former student of yours, and that she remembered you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get well soon YP.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely to meet an old student :) Sorry to hear about the RTI though, hope it clears up quickly and never comes back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope it is not too painful. Speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I prescribe lots of blogging time. Also lots of liquid - the stuff that comes in brown bottles is good, but not too much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear you're under the weather - unsweetened cranberry juice, as someone has already suggested is a great help. Hope the antibiotics do the trick and you're soon feeling back to normal.
    Just a nit-picking point - you were an English teacher and yet you use that abominable phrase "rocked up" tut, tut, YP

    ReplyDelete
  12. Take care of yourself,

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you are soon back on top of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you feel better soon, Neil.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh no. I surely hope you feel better today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's cool that she remembered you! I hope you're feeling better or will be soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope the antibiotics kicked in asap and are doing their job.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry to hear this, my friend. Just don't get too p.o.'d.

    ReplyDelete
  20. And have been for 2 years

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits