3 January 2016

Winner

"Gosh, I never expected this!"
"And the nominations for Laughing Horse Blogger of the Year are...."

Master of Ceremonies, John Gray of Welsh Wales grinned with personal satisfaction as he scanned the list.

"Steve Reed for 'Shadows and Light', Me, Percival John Gray for 'Going Gently' and Sheila Minogue also known simply as Lee for 'Kitchen Connection'."

An expectant hush descended over Betty's Laughing Horse Tavern in eastern Orlando. Somewhere in the distance a police siren could be heard as its occupants no doubt sped to another mass shooting. With his porky fingers, Mr Gray ripped open the golden envelope. His jaw sank visibly with personal disappointment as he eyeballed the winner's name.

"And the Laughing Horse Blogger of the Year for 2015 is.... Lee for 'Kitchen Connection'!"

Fevered excitement burst forth in the roadside venue and there was much whooping and cheering as Lee stumbled towards the little stage in her Australian themed outfit. Blushing like a virgin bride on her wedding night, Lee graciously accepted her award from Percy Gray (aka John Gray).

Grasping the microphone and at first rather nervously, Lee began her acceptance speech.

"Thank you so much! Gosh, I never expected this. But when I think about it I truly believe that I deserve to be Blogger of the Year. My blog is written in an engaging personal style and over the past year I have entertained hundreds of readers with intricate stories from my life. I have taken folk to Hinchinbrook Island and Gympie, told you about my cats, my passions, my eccentricities and my disappointments. It has been a brilliant ride and as an expert self-taught chef I have given visitors plenty of great recipes. Yes I do indeed deserve to be Blogger of the Year! God Save the Queen!"

Thunderous applause followed Lee's humble acceptance speech and she returned to her table where a fuming Yorkshire Pudding was slouched once more wondering why the hell he had never had even the tiniest whiff of an award since The Laughing Horse Blogging  Foundation launched its world famous awards programme.

So Shelia Minogue (Lee) is this year's overall winner and she is therefore entitled to display the 2015 widget in her blog or sidebar. Sub-award winners will be announced shortly. Owing to technical difficulties there has been a delay in their publication. Watch this space.
Small widget on the left. Medium widget on the right. Copyright - Laughing Horse Blog Awards. It is an offence punishable by law to publish this widget without permission.

28 comments:

  1. I saw a man who looked like you in a restaurant in Raleigh,NC yesterday! I guess you decided to see some of our east coast states before heading back across the pond? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was me Jennifer! I was going to come over to talk to you but Gregg was polishing his handgun so I thought better of it.

      Delete
  2. Whoop Whoop ... Congratulations Lee!!! The Mountain will be going off tonight in celebration.

    I absolutely concur with your verdict YP. Lee's capacity to tell a tale is phenomenal .. along with her other hidden talents of cooking, writing poetry, painting and drawing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I am surprised that Lee neglected to mention her artistic talents in her acceptance speech Carol.You must be over the moon that a fellow Queenslander has won!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations to the winner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She deserves it Jenny. If you ever have spare moment why not catch up with Lee's very human writing? Laughter and tears are guaranteed.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations... And to everyone else, remember that it is the winning that counts, not the taking part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only you hadn't had your blogging holiday in Strangeways SP! Just think - you could have been a contender!

      Delete
  5. Well done Lee, a well deserved win. Go Queenslander !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hip, hip hooray! Absolutely the best choice for this most prestigious award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have disguised your disappointment very effectively Mama Thyme!

      Delete
  7. Congratulations to Lee! She certainly is a worthy successor for me, after I've won the 2014 award.
    I haven't quite worked out yet what exactly was Australian-themed about the outfit, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Green and gold Miss Arian! The Aussie sporting colours.

      Delete
    2. Your artwork is a hidden talent too YP.

      Delete
  8. So funny YP AS USUAL....i look like a friggin potato x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fair dinkum, cobbers! You little beauty! I'm gobsmacked! Ridgy-didge! I'm humbled! You sure you're not yankin' my chain?

    I'm all over the place at the moment like a mad woman's breakfast! I never expected this. I thought they'd tell me to go and take a jump at myself!

    I wouldn't be dead for quids! Since I was knee high to a grasshopper I wanted to win something...and now this! I feel as happy as Larry...I feel as happy as a possum up a gum tree! Winning the Oscar wouldn't be a patch on this!!

    If only I'd even half expected to win such an honoured honour I would've worn a longer skirt!! I didn't realise my knees were so knobbly! No more minis for me! I never make New Year's resolutions, but my resolution for 2016 is to wear longer skirts! Oh....and never again yellow tights with pink shoes!!

    Crikey! What was I thinking????? I look as silly as a two-bob watch - and as flash as a rat with a gold tooth!

    Strewth! Thanks, mate! I might just crack open a tinnie to celebrate. Good onya!

    Even with the clash of the pink with those tights and my knobbly knees, the green and gold has never been so proudly worn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May I deduce from your remarks that you are slightly happy to receive this much-cherished award Lee?

      Delete
    2. You betcha! Bloody oath! I reckon!!!

      Delete
  10. Well, congratulations Lee. I'm going to have to wander over and take a look at your blog. After all, how many blogs get the distingushed Laughing Horse award?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Red. Deadset! Holy-Dooley! Stone the crows! I'm stoked!

      Go have a gander at my blog! You're most welcome! The last story I posted is pretty long and stopped a few time poor in their tracks, but there's no time limit set upon reading it..., but give it a burl at your leisure! :)

      Delete
    2. Hey, Red 'n Lee? What's going on between you two mature people? Something quite salty I think - like bacon!

      Delete
    3. That's a porkie, Yorkie!

      Delete
    4. Porkie Yorkie? That's what Christmas feasting does to a guy!

      Delete
  11. Heartfelt congrats to Lee. I'll wander over and read a bit after I've sorted out the mess I'm in. Apparently my identity has been stolen by someone calling themselves "Hilly". They've been located in Florida, running with a biker gang and claiming to be from Washington. We all KNOW I wouldn't leave my hilltop for a biker dude. Not when I've got almost 36 years into the guy I've got! Of course you'd be fooled, YP, as you don't really know what I look like.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilltophomesteader (whew! That's a mouthful)!....be warned, though...my last post is almost as long as "Gone with the Wind"! :)

      Delete
    2. Hilly - I certainly DO know what you look like! You clambered on that motorcycle with glee and I shall never forget the cackling laughter as you were whisked off into the night.

      Delete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits