30 December 2021

Exultation


Some blogs endure and some fall by the wayside as the art form known as "blogging" advances through the years. Recognition is important in any industry and The Laughing Horse Blogging Awards have become something of  a highlight as each blogging year draws to a close. Even as I write these words, The Awards Committee are in a huddle, debating sub-awards and commendations as well as fixing on the blog that will  take the ultimate prize - "Blogger of the Year for 2021".

To refresh your memory, here's a list of past winners:-

2008 – Arthur Clewley for “Arthur Clewley”

2009 – Daphne Franks for “My Dad’s a Communist”

2010 – John Gray for “Going Gently”

2011 – Ian Rhodes for “Shooting Parrots”

2012 – Kate Steeds for "The Last Visible Dog"

2013 – Tom Gowans for “A Hippo on the Lawn”

2014 – Meike Riley for “From My Mental Library”

2015 – Lee George for “Kitchen Connection”

2016 – Steve Reed for “Shadows and Light”

2017 - Keith Kline for "Hiawatha House"

2018 - Mary Moon for "Bless Our Hearts".

2019 - Jenny O'Hara for "Procrastinating Donkey"

2020 - Cro Magnon for "Magnon's Meanderings"

Monsieur Magnon's reign will end as this troubled year also reaches a shuddering halt. He has worn the "Blogger of the Year" crown with dignity and pride, waving gracefully to jubilant crowds as he travelled to and from LeClerc each week. More recently, he has wowed the burghers of Brighton and Hove with his swashbuckling tales. The Laughing Horse Committee wish to put on record  their gratitude and admiration for the way in which  Cro Magnon has conducted himself these past twelve months. It will be a hard act to follow - that's for sure.

25 comments:

  1. Yay! I love the laughing horse award night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, like so many other happy events, this years awards night has already been afflicted by COVID.

      Delete
  2. How many curves can be thrown at the Laughing Horse? I'm sure you can get through it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like The Mounties, we always get through.

      Delete
  3. I shall put my posh frock on and practise my disappointed smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing my name up there with the Crème de la Crème of the blogging world, I can't but feel humbled and honoured (and well chuffed).
    Now I am looking forward to the Laughing Horse Award celebration, debating with my inner committee about what to wear, what to wear...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How about dressing like one of Santa's elves?

      Delete
  5. Oh dear, does that mean that we shan't be able to get all dressed up for the big night? Such a shame - I'd looked forward to cheering the winners. I do hope you got you deposit back - it was the O2 Arena you hired, wasn't it?
    But at least I'll be able to read the results from the comfort of my own home, and not have to bother with airports, hire cars, lateral testing, and goodness knows what else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did you know that the O2 Arena had been booked? You must have inside information Carol! Blame the elephant in the room - COVID!

      Delete
  6. I hope you have Thwaites bitter and Hollands pies in the Green Room Mr Pudding? Theakstons Old Peculier will suffice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dream on old codger! Haven't you heard of COVID? It has scuppered the original plans for a spectacular live ceremony.

      Delete
  7. I, for one, can't wait for the Laughing Horse Awards Ceremony to be held in person again. Zoom just isn't the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have been so good to see you again Jennifer. You are so much fun after supping a whole bowl full of punch! I don't suppose you remember.

      Delete
    2. It's all pretty hazy, to be honest! :)

      Delete
  8. Looking forward to the awards ….such fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recall your victory back in 2010. How your blogging career had advanced since then! So much frothing water under the bridge.

      Delete
    2. And I’m still plodding along x

      Delete
    3. Sounds like a song..."Three Wheels on My Wagon".

      Delete
  9. I still proudly display my Laughing Horse, of course! (A little play on the "Mr. Ed" theme song, there.) Can't wait to see who this year's recipient will be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were so much younger back in 2016.

      Delete
  10. In the past I thought the Laughing Horse Awards were handed out at a large gala, complete with dancing dogs and shirtless men. Or maybe I'm confusing that with the Just For Laughs gala last night.

    Regardless, with the present threat of covid, I'm guessing that the gala has been put on hold, or perhaps it will be held virtually. A town hall zoom meeting sort of thing?

    As always, thank you for making me laugh and making me think, this past year. It's been a wild ride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For you especially Nurse Lily... You have had a hell of a lot to cope with my friend.

      Delete
  11. I do not see the comment I made here yesterday. Did it not go through or has it not been approved yet? I certainly do not want you to think that I did not thank you for the huge honor! Anyway, if you HAVE seen the comment, thank you again, and if not, well- here is. I have been needing an excuse to wear my velvet gown again. And the good jewels, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary - you did make a comment on "Awards"! Was this comment a senior moment I wonder?

      Delete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits