November 6th at "The Hammer and Pincers" quiz. No Danny again as he and his lady have now moved to Buxton - the highest market town in England. It is twenty eight miles away from here. Mike is suffering from something called myasthenia gravis - a rare long-term condition that causes muscle weakness. It most commonly affects the muscles that control the eyes and eyelids but is also affecting his speech and ability to eat. And then there's Mick - our James Bond, film and pop music specialist. We each bring something different to the quiz table.
Here are just five of tonight's questions with answers below. No cheating now.
- Which Indian curry accompaniment consists of yoghurt, mint, cucumber and mild spices?
- Which pop artist recently issued "Midnight" - her tenth hit album ?
- Anagram - a flying creature - VIBRATE MAP.
- Which European city airport has the code BCN ?
- Who taught Oliver Twist to steal in the Charles Dickens novel of that name?
2. TAYLOR SWIFT
3. VAMPIRE BAT