20 December 2023

Horses

The annual end of year awards ceremony for blogging is fast approaching. Who will win? Only eleven days to go until The Laughing Horse winners are announced along with the overall and much craved "Blogger of the Year" award.

This year bloggers were of course encouraged to submit equine images upon which the prestigious winners' widget for 2023 might be based. The committee received dozens of entries from across the world and these  have been filtered down to this shortlist of five...

"Trigger" from Mrs J.Barlow of Florence, South Carolina, USA

"Dobbin" from Mr D. Northsider of County Cork, Ireland

"Shergar" from Ms M.Riley of Ludwigsburg, Germany

"Beauty" from "Anonymous" of Sheffield, England

"Bonnie and Clyde" from Mr Andrew Tramrider of Melbourne, Australia

After hours of deliberation, it was decided that the anonymous entry would be the best for this year's widget.

Of course, The Laughing Horse Awards go right back in time to 2008 when the first "Blogger of the Year" award went to the legendary, late and much missed Arthur Clewley. Last year's winner was another blogging legend - Bob Slatten from South Carolina who recently commented in an article in "The New York Times": "I never realised how becoming The Laughing Horse Blogger of the Year would change my life. It has opened doors for me and I have met so many brilliant people including Kim Kardashian, Eric Trump  and one of my personal heroes - Mike Johnson who is now speaker of the United States House of Representatives. It has been an amazing year!"

Following long-established tradition, Laughing Horse winners will be announced on New Year's Eve.

31 comments:

  1. Anonymous is a worthy winner but I do think Andrew TramRider should get an honourable mention for ... something!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't put the last picture on my blog. I try to keep is somewhat family friendly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two horses playing in a field. What's wrong with that?

      Delete
  3. I received some sort of blog award once and don't even remember why or what it was for now. I just do my blog for fun, never even think about any awards. I do like the Blue laughing horse though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never think about awards? Okay - that's you off the nominations list young lady!

      Delete
  4. Oh, I think Bob has just had a heart attack.
    Why is one horse standing on the other horse's rump? Does he want a piggy back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Move over Vincent Van Gogh! That's Art! And who knows the workings of an artist's mind?

      Delete
  5. I have really had an amazing run as the last award recipient haven't I?
    And I love the anonymous horse selection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Bob. Your special year in the spotlight is fast coming to an end.

      Delete
  6. I always like these awards as I find some interesting blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you were Blogger of the Year once Keith - way back in 2017.

      Delete
    2. Yes, and it gave me much encouragement to continue.

      Delete
  7. There was no need naming me as contributor of Shergar. Anyone who knows me will instantly recognise that Shergar is modelled on my own looks, especially the teeth.
    My personal favourite would have been Dobbin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was aware that you like horsing around.

      Delete
  8. What's a Blackpool donkey get for its dinner? Half an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A difficult decision to make YP. I like "Shergar" and "Beauty" best, although I shouldn't discount those who made the effort to actually draw. Difficult to choose between them all, but I'm sure you'll make the right one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess this is how God feels when he is judging. Is God a he, a she or an it? Maybe a they if he is transgender...

      Delete
  10. The anonymous contribution looks suspiciously like AI. Have you been compromised? Gone to the dark side? I fear for your safety Mr. Pudding.
    As to the actual event, black tie again I assume. Will Charles and Camilla be there?
    I have my dress picked out and a flight booked already. I am dizzy with aniticipation:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only will Charles and Camilla be there but Princess DIana too!

      Delete
  11. What are those things on the backs of the last two horses? I'm not sure they're horses.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If that crowd shows up at Bob and Carlos's house, we will read about it on the front page of the NYT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...or even "The Chronicle Independent" - the local newspaper in Camden SC.

      Delete
  13. Excellent options all, but I think "anonymous" does indeed fit the bill! I like Meike's moving GIF too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A moving gif is not the best source material for a stationary widget.

      Delete
  14. I'll never forget my delight at receiving a commenter's award last year! My oldest son printed it out for me and made a little stand for it so it is always displayed in my kitchen! Good luck to all of the deserving bloggers that you might honor this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your positivity is infectious Ellen!

      Delete
  15. Totally devastated that my design was not even short-listed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, the AI generated blue horse is the best of the lot but I wonder who submitted him and why he chose to remain Anonymous. Oh well, I'm all agog to see who this year's winners will be.

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits