15 October 2022

Promotion

It was my 69th birthday last weekend. On Saturday, Shirley and I drove out to "The Fox House" for brunch. Then in the afternoon we attended the wedding party of two old friends of ours - Ian and Linda. They had been engaged for over twenty years but finally they decided they had had enough of living in sin. It was a lovely occasion in the function room above our local pub. Shirley and I left around seven o'clock. The best part was where Linda's grown up children said that Ian had been the only real father they had ever known.

Sunday after Sunday I prepare roast dinners at home but last Sunday we went out to The Dore Moor Inn to celebrate my birthday. The meal was  delightful and Little Phoebe was a very good girl - especially when you consider that we were in there for two hours and fifteen minutes. When the time came to pay the bill, I realised straight afterwards that we had been undercharged so I went back inside and told our waitress that our bottle of wine had been left off the bill. After a bit of humming and ahhing she decided it would be too much bother to amend things and so we could have the wine on the house! I certainly wasn't complaining about that.

I received a few welcome gifts including two T-shirts which have not yet been ironed so I'm sorry about the creases. Apparently, they are from a new line of apparel designed to promote this humble Yorkshire blog. They are available via Amazon.uk and elsewhere if you would like to hunt around. What could be better than strolling down the street wearing a stylish Yorkshire Pudding T-shirt?

36 comments:

  1. Love the shirts! I admire how honest you were (I would have been as well) and am glad that they gave you a birthday "treat." Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dishonesty or just honest mistakes can prey upon me for years.

      Delete
  2. Happy belated birthdays. It sounds like a good weekend all around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's official then, you're an old fart:)

    Happy belated birthday and lovely t-shirts.

    Check out the link. There's an appreciation society for you, as it should be.

    https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/1061275627/yorkshire-pudding-t-shirt-founding

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that Nurse Lily. I imagine those T-shirts have sold like hotcakes so it is surprising that I have not yet seen anybody wearing one!

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday. It must be cool to be young!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes - we 69 year olds are like teenagers!

      Delete
  5. Ah, I wish I'd have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you could get a couple of "Oddball Observations" T shirts made or maybe just "Catalyst". By the way, check out this website:- https://www.timothytaylorshop.co.uk/clothing/

      Delete
    2. Love the cycling jerseys with the beer pockets in back!

      Delete
  6. A happy birthday for whichever day it was. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enk_H0fKaJQ
    So you are now selling 'the merch'. Riches will abound. Bad time to release a tee shirt range in your country but very good timing for here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean weatherwise? I guess you are right. I tend to wear T-shirts only in the summertime.

      Delete
  7. A T-shirt! I love it :) but I won't buy one. Too many times I've bought from Amazon and the things just don't fit. Their idea of large and even X-large is too snug on me, being the butterball that I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Butterball"? I imagine you are as slender as Elle Macpherson.

      Delete
  8. Forgot to say Happy Birthday.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your birthday weekend activities sound like a good mix, and the unexpected wine on the house was a nice gesture to reward your honesty.
    If the t-shirt is available in yellow I might consider buying one for next spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not available in yellow I am sorry to say.

      Delete
  10. Do they come in pink too?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Were they made specially for you or is it only coincidence? I googled and also found this one https://i.etsystatic.com/7275978/r/il/d5032c/3288845129/il_1588xN.3288845129_lid5.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Purely co-incidence... and thanks for the link to the other one. When you start digging away there are plenty of different Yorkshire Pudding T-shirts around. Are there any Alcoholic Daze T-shirts?

      Delete
  12. "Brunch!" Is that a Yorkshire expression?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it rhymes with "crunch" when a cleverdick receives a "punch".

      Delete
  13. 69, where did the last 40 years go? Keep enjoying life and telling us about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a nice thing to say Travel. Thank you.

      Delete
  14. Happy Belated Birthday, but sadly will not be buying the t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, now you are older than I am again. This happens yearly! I'll catch up next summer. Happy birthday, Mr. P! Glad you had a fine celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well I hope YOU'RE making the money on those shirts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if I can copyright my blog name....

      Delete
  17. Happy birthday, Mr. Pudding. For some reason Frank Sinatra's song, "It Was a Very Good Year", is rolling through my head. I hope you have a very good year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are all Canadians as kind as you Melinda?

      Delete
  18. Happy Birthday! I can't believe I comment on the blog of someone with their own clothing line!

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits