25 April 2024

Sleepy

Poor Mr Trump. Spotted sleeping several times during his current trial in New York City. There he is above, faithfully captured by the court artist. Of course Mr Trump denies that he ever drifted off into dreamland and with typical infantile spite he has derided the work of the court artist who he claims has sought to ridicule him.

Ironically, Mr Trump has frequently referred to President Biden as "Sleepy Joe" but now the boot appears to be on the other foot. Dozy Donald will have to think of another name to call the president - for that is how it works with playground bullies.

I have a smidgen of sympathy for Mr Trump with regard to nodding off. There was a time when I never napped. The only time I slept was in bed - usually for an unbroken seven hours. However, now I frequently and reluctantly nod off  when I am sitting comfortably on one of our sofas in the evening. Before I know it, twenty minutes has just disappeared. I guess it's a sign of growing old.

When I sleep I dream of angels and acts of kindness, swimming towards sinking suns with a pod of dolphins or reliving childhood scenes. But what does Mr Trump dream about?  He's possibly a Roman emperor in a toga or a mega-rich business leader with a spotless record or Adolf Hitler stirring the masses from a balcony in Berlin: "Das ist ein vitch-hunt!"

Anyway, if you also refute the work of the court artist, here's another image of Mr Trump having forty winks during his trial.  This time it's a photograph and as we all know - the camera never lies. Does it? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

35 comments:

  1. I wonder how many court cases Trump is involved with? Sooner or later he will not have enough time in a month to deal with all court actions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all a conspiracy to stop him from campaigning!... Oh Yeah! And there are fairies at the bottom of the garden!

      Delete
  2. Don Snoreleone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only is he sleeping in court he is also farting, or to be polite, passing gas, and everyone near him has to put up with that stench. Gas masks for everyone!!
    I am sleepier than I used to be too, often taking a small nap in the afternoons so that I don't fall asleep watching tv later. Now of course, the small nap is not enough and I also still doze off during the tv watching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you are not Australia's political leader so that's okay.

      Delete
  4. It's nearly impossible nowadays to prove whether a photograph is genuine or created (or at least enhanced) with AI. But since it is not so unusual for someone of DD's age to nod off during the day, especially when people talk about things and use words he does not understand and does not feel are important for him.

    I don't nod off on my settee but I do love a little afternoon nap when I get the chance. Like you, for decades I only slept in bed, but since my first big eye surgery in 2018, when for weeks afterwards I was not allowed to do much, I got into the habit. Of course on a typical working day I don't get to have a nap, but sometimes when working from home, I prolong my lunch break by a 15 minute nap in my yellow armchair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that for you just resting your eyes is a good thing - after what you have been through.

      Delete
  5. I saw the photo and read the title as sleazy, I wonder why!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe because of the Stormy Daniels connection?

      Delete
  6. CS Lewis, Churchill, Einstein and Tolkein all believed in taking afternoon naps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But not when they were being tried in a court of law.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Oh - that would be great if he did.
      "So what would you like to say Mr Trump?"
      "ZZZ-Zzzz-ZZzzz-hngGGggh-Ppbhww- zZZzzzZZ . . ."

      Delete
  8. The man behind him in the photo looks at least half asleep too, even if standing. What keeps astonishing me is that the whole of the US seems unable to come up with a couple of candidates for president a little bit younger than 77 vs 81.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people at 77 and 81 are perfectly lucid but not these two.

      Delete
    2. I live here in the US and a lot of us can't believe this is the best we can bring forward.

      Delete
  9. It's hard to stay awake when you stay up all night snorting Adderall and rage-tweeting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He also likes to order in a midnight feast from McDonalds.

      Delete
  10. I had a nap half way through reading this, but did not dream of angels and acts of kindness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. You dreamt of wowing The Shepley Writers' Group with a poem abour rainbows.

      Delete
  11. Sleepy Don indeed. I wish he would just go away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trump has been the president so why the hell does he want to do it again? He could just play golf which, by the way, he does as badly as he does political leadership.

      Delete
  12. If you can't stand the trial, don't do the crimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear I did not commit any crimes David!

      Delete
  13. A life of crime can wear your old ass out. Not YOURS, of course, but you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I do know what you mean... I think.

      Delete
  14. If they're not praising him and his "very good brain" he is utterly disinterested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what evidence there is that he has a "very good brain". If there is any evidence, it is very well-hidden.

      Delete
    2. Maybe it is "very good" because it has hardly been used?

      Delete
  15. Oh go easy on him. He just needs a six-pack or two of Diet Coke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An invigorating glass of cyanide should keep him wide awake.

      Delete
  16. A piece of shit rarely moves.

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits