1 April 2024

Quiztime

I just might make "Quiztime" a regular feature of this humble Yorkshire blog. My quizzes seem to have gone down pretty well so far. Last night I was up at "The Hammer and Pincers" quiz and brought home my quiz answer sheet intending to adapt it for today's quiz. Instead, I decided to ask ten questions connected with blogging. You could easily use my sidebar to work out the answers but it might be nice to have a go from memory. Good luck!

As usual, the answers will appear in the "Comments" section and also as usual - no peeping!

  1. Which well-known female blogger resides in Ludwisburg, Germany?
  2. With which Welsh blogger do you most associate the village of Trelawnyd?
  3. Name the South Carolinian blogger who is the mastermind behind "Sparrow Tree Journal"?
  4. Name a blogger from The Isle of Man who has recently been on holiday to Bermuda?
  5. What is the first name of the fellow who produces a  frequently political American blog called "I Should Be Laughing"?
  6. Dave on the north side of The Sheep's Head Peninsula in Ireland has created a blog called "Northsider" but what is his all time favourite band?  (a) The Bay City Rollers  (b) Take That  or (c) Kansas
  7. Steve Reed in London puts out a blog called "Shadows and Light" but from which Canadian songwriter did he borrow his blog's title?
  8. Name the blog that is produced by Mary Moon in the village of Lloyd several miles east of Tallahassee in the state of Florida.
  9. Brighton in England and the Perigord region of south west France contain the homes of one particular senior male blogger but what name does he go by?
  10. Which blog or blogger won the Yorkshire Pudding Overall Blogger of the Year Award for 2023?

37 comments:

  1. ANSWERS
    1. Meike Riley (Librarian)
    2. John Gray
    3. Jennifer Barlow
    4. JayCee
    5. Bob
    6. (c) Kansas
    7. Joni Mitchell
    8. “Bless Our Hearts”
    9. Cro Magnon
    10. David Godfrey “The Adventures of Travel Penguin”

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2. John Gray
    3. Jennifer
    4. JayCee
    5. Bob
    6. Kansas?
    7. Leonard Cohen?
    9. Cro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Six out of ten is good for an Aussie who could not identify Sydney Harbour Bridge!

      Delete
  3. 1 Uh oh … flummoxed here.
    2 John at Going Gently?
    3 My fellow SC survivor, Jennifer!
    4 Damn; still flummoxed.
    5 Oh I loathe that guy … Bob Something-or-Other!
    6 I’ll say Kansas cuz it seems wrong.
    7 The Fabulous Joni Mitchell.
    8 Is it “I Hate Florida”?
    9 Oops, the flummox is back.
    10 The Penguin, Travel Penguin, David!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good effort Bob. Number 5 ain't so bad.

      Delete
  4. Bob uses a good word ...flummoxed. I won't tell you how badly I was flummoxed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have put you in the quiz questions Red.... Which ice skating, call centre hating, ornithological blogger lives in Red Deer, Alberta, Canada with his wife - The Micro Manager?

      Delete
    2. that would sure stump everybody!

      Delete
  5. I missed 6 and 9, but the rest were easy. South Carolina is well represented here with TWO blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is surprising as I know there is a lot of illiteracy in South Carolina!

      Delete
  6. I got 4.
    Obviously I have a way to go

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind Kylie. At least you didn't cheat.

      Delete
  7. Eight out of ten. Thanks for mentioning Kansas. The best band in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apart from on your blog, that is probably the only time Kansas will ever be mentioned here in the blogosphere.

      Delete
  8. 1-2-3, no idea; 4-JayCee; 5-Bob; 6-no idea; 7-no idea; 8-Bless Our Hearts; 9-Cro Magnon; 10-The Weaver of Grass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done Elsie! Four is brilliant for an Aussie gal.

      Delete
  9. Hmmm.. I think I have some of them right but number 4 is a tricky one ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, number four is tricky. I had to throw in a difficult one.

      Delete
  10. I didn't know 6, 7 or 10! The rest I managed to guess correctly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you didn't get them as you are now in your senior years Carol.

      Delete
  11. I got 6 right. Didn't get 5,6 7 and 10 .
    Keep going with the quizzes.....we used to enjoy a pub quiz every week, but it stopped years ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Six is good! Did your little dog help?

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Amazon will be arriving this afternoon with a dunce's hat.

      Delete
  13. I need to add more blogs to my daily reading list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on David. Tell us how many you got. Surely you got the last one?

      Delete
  14. I'm pretty sure I've never been part of a trivia quiz answer before. Thanks, Mr. P!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not mean to suggest that you are trivial!

      Delete
    2. Ah, but aren't we all in the grand scheme of the universe?

      Delete
  15. Fun! A blogger quiz! I love it. I didn't know 4 and I could not remember 10, but I got the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was bound to happen. 0 out of 10 for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! Time to go back to school I think Ed.

      Delete
  17. I had 7 out of 10. So I'm happy with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done Ellen. Here's a gold star to go on the chart > *.

      Delete
  18. I will use my University Challenge strategy to get at least one right. 1. Tasker Dunham. 2. Tasker Dunham. 3. Tasker Dunham. 4. Tasker Dunham. 5. Tasker Dunham. 6. Tasker Dunham. 7. Tasker Dunham. 8. Tasker Dunham. 9. Tasker Dunham. 10. Tasker Dunham.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, your clever clogs strategy did not work

      Delete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits