6 May 2011

Goodbye

Goodbye O-sa-ma
Though I never knew you at all
You had the audacity to gloat
When you watched the Twin Towers fall
Innocent people died for your warped ideology
And fools were drawn to play your evil game
They set you on a pedestal
Thinking Allah was your other name

Chorus
And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a rich boy on a spree
Never knowing which bits of the Qur'an to cling to
As you plotted against humanity
And I wouldn’t have liked to have known you
Cos I’d have whacked you if I did
We’re glad your candle burned out
Long before your vile legacy ever did

6 comments:

  1. you have talent there pud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! When you're ready, you CAN give up the day job ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I echo your sentiments.

    Not being "with it" regarding pop culture, I'm wondering if your song/poem is entirely original (having sprung full-grown like Athena from the forehead of Zeus) or is it a parody of something that everybody in the world recognizes except me? Elton John, maybe? Or Paul McCartney?

    I don't have a clue. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. RHYMES My two man fan club - John Gray and Brian - recognised that I had played around with Elton John's song - "Candle in the Wind" which was originally about the life of Marilyn Monroe, later Sir Elton altered the lyrics for the funeral of Princess Diana - England's rose. Picking that song to address Osama bin Laden adds, I hope a certain bitter cultural and slightly comical irony.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you lose some of it by explaining
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. In my case, it gains something.

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits