23 July 2013

Property

You know how it is. Money doesn't seem to make money these days  so I have recently decided to try to make my retirement fund work for me by "going into property". I have snapped up a couple of properties in North Wales in the hope of making a quick buck or two. If interested, please get in touch via the "Comments" facility.

The first property is located along a quiet lane in  the quaint village of Trelawnyd. It's right next to the church and is essentially half an acre of wasteland fit for development. I have outline planning permission for a five bedroom detached house on this site - complete with double garage, stables and swimming pool. Offers are invited in the region of £75,000 and the land will be sold to the highest bidder - assuming financial regularity.
The next property is a semi-detached house in New Broughton - a suburb of Wrexham. The house is crying out for modernisation, decoration, a full refurbishment and rewire. Currently there is no bathroom as the residents prefer an old tin  bath by the fireplace.Round the back there is a conservatory extension which could be used as a consultation room or a place to keep bicycles. Prospective buyers are warned that the house is currently guarded by two vicious watchdogs. Best to bring a bone or two from your local butcher's shop.

13 comments:

  1. Where did you get that photo YP?

    ReplyDelete
  2. EARL GRAY Ah-ha! Now that would be telling! All will be revealed...Eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could sell you a few nice plots in Angola if you want to go international...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Planning on renting them as holiday homes? I've heard that people go to Wales for a holiday. I suppose it's OK if you don't mind rain and funny accents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you sell, haven't you got to declare on a form somewhere, that there haven't been any neighbour disputes... just asking?

    LLX

    ReplyDelete
  6. HIPPO Thanks. I will pass that idea to my financial adviser.
    GORILLA BANANAS Yes. People do go on holiday to Wales - if they can't afford to visit The Lake District or Cornwall. This is another idea I will forward to my financial adviser.
    LETTICE LEAF I wasn't aware of that regulation. Another one for my financial adviser.

    ReplyDelete
  7. On the first property, does the price include the bath tub? That would be a huge buying plus for me as it would be good to jump in the tub after working on the property. Well, if you there are no prudish neighbors or any who would be put off at the site of a wrinkled old body getting undirty in the afternoon sun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'Funny accents'??? I object to that on behalf of Keith, ;)

    You are welcome to buy our bijoux residence, YP, provided you pay well over the going rate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. DAVID OLIVER The old bath would be included yes. Beware of the scotch egg muncher who lives opposite the plot in "Chez Nous" cottage.
    JENNY But it is already in my property portfolio. Didn't my solicitor contact you? Surely Keith discussed this with you?

    ReplyDelete
  10. No, he didn't. Looks like we'll be squatting then. You won't get rid of us that easily!

    ReplyDelete
  11. JENNY Expect a visit from "the boyos"

    ReplyDelete
  12. JENNY Expect a visit from "the boyos"

    ReplyDelete
  13. This made my day YP!
    If you use Google Earth, you can actually see the entire property by "driving" up the lane. I can even see John/Earl in the lane. I never had the address, but since he's by the cemetery and church and we've seen any number of photos of his allotment, it was fairly easy to find him. No one is safe......cue dramatic music.

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits