28 August 2023

Fun+

More fun with Microsoft Image Creator though admittedly some might just call it wasting time. Sometimes you have to play around with your instruction wording - refining it till the artificial intelligence gets closer to  a picture that you deem to be acceptable.

Here's Dave Northsider and JayCee from "Nobody's Diary", meeting up for the first time on The Sheep's Head Peninsula...

And here's hospice nurse John Gray taking a well earned break by the sea at Llandudno. He brought his faithful hound Dorothy in to work to cheer up the residents...
Below, it's a slightly spooky image of school librarian Steve Reed wondering where he has put his spectacles...
 

Dancing on a Florida beach, it's Mary Moon and Jennifer Barlow meeting up for the first time and clearly  having a ball. They may have been drinking wine. The instruction here was "acrylic"...

⦿
BERT NEWS

Bert is back home. Well, he has been back for three weeks now and I have visited him three times bearing gifts, including ready meals, "London Pride" beer and dark chocolate digestive biscuits.

He cannot get upstairs so he has got a hospital bed in the front room and a commode too. He has an aluminium walking frame which he finds hard to use because he has painful hands owing to past surgery upon them. They both contain pins. This is part of the legacy of a lifetime of hard manual labour.

Each time I have been to see him his youngest son Philip (aged 53) has been there with Bert's estranged wife Pat (aged 82) who can talk for England but she is rather  sweet-natured and pretty intelligent too.

Bert has carers coming in every day to attend to basic physical needs and a physiotherapist has also come in to encourage mobility. Some of this extra care will have to be paid for and Bert has received official forms to fill in in that regard.

It's nice to see him at home. I think the hospital was driving him crazy. At least now he has some peace and he seems more like himself. Surely he will make it to his 87th birthday in late November. I hope so.

38 comments:

  1. With a good bit of support, Bert has done better than I expected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was worried that he might never get home.

      Delete
  2. I’m fucking flabbergasted

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always better to be home and he sounds like he has many good people around him, you included. What does "talk for England" mean? Loquacious?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a common expression over here - as if every activity might be an international competition.. Margaret could hunt bargains for America! Neil could drink beer for Britain!

      Delete
  4. Just on the weekend I was wondering how Bert was doing. If only he didn't need the commode, he might feel almost normal.
    I like the artwork, i've tried AI art on some other program but I wasn't at all happy with the results

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bert's stairs now look like the north face of Mount Everest.

      Delete
  5. You are having great fun with image creator. Great that your friend Bert has got home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if he will ever have the ability to get safely back up those stairs.

      Delete
  6. That is such good news about Bert. Well, as good as can be expected, I suppose. You are a good mate and good mates make things better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right - as good as might be expected.

      Delete
  7. I'm glad Bert is back in his home environment. It's probably the single best thing for him, but company and physio will also help greatly.

    Your art is interesting. I think the best likeness is Dorothy the doggo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure that John Gray is happy about his image. "Fucking flabbergasted" doesn't sound so good.

      Delete
  8. The AI images are great! I'm glad Bert is at home where he feels happiest and is getting some assistance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The carers tend to arrive too early. He has always been a night owl like me.

      Delete
  9. That's much better Bert News than I expected! I guess if he was able to go back home, it means he is mentally better than he was in hospital, too (hardly surprising).

    The AI generated images are fun, but I agree - the one meant to be Steve is somewhat spooky. And while I don't know Mary Moon, I know that Jennifer is MUCH more beautiful in real life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that Jennifer does not sue me. Mary Moon's blog is called "Bless Our Hearts" and I have been reading it for years now. Brilliant but humble stuff!

      Delete
  10. The Steve Reed picture is scary! The obvious paintings of various mediums not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good news about Bert. Next stop the pub. Laughing at Steve and John. I had my first go with ms image creator and it threatened to block me for asking for BJohnson in the style of Fulton Prison (the Johnny Cash song?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Political figures are a no-no for some reason. I was even blocked on Queen Victoria! "Boris Johnson having his head flushed down the toilet" gets alarm bells ringing.

      Delete
  12. Good news that Bert is back home and being well cared for.
    That AI image does look uncannily like me....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What was it like meeting the man with no face?

      Delete
  13. That's an interesting selection of paintings YP. I think the one nearest to life-like is Dorothy! The spooky one of Steve has a certain "Star Trek" feel to it, but he's a "trekkie", isn't he?
    So pleased to hear that Bert is back home - long may he continue to recover and hopefully be well enough for you to take him, even occasionally, out to the pub again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we reach that point Carol but I am sceptical.

      Delete
  14. That's amazing. Things looked so bleak for Bert a few weeks ago. So glad he has "bounced" back and is at home, although with some limitation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those steep stairs seem like The Matterhorn right now.

      Delete
  15. Fame at last YP. That is superb. JayCee is always welcome to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why didn't you put your face on Dave?

      Delete
  16. Next time make John a little thinner,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I specified "male nurse" but A.I. put him in a female uniform.

      Delete
  17. Good to know Bert is home. Whatever the outcome, it's better than being in the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am just not quite sure what to say about that AI art. I think it freaks me out.
    I am glad to hear that Bert is home. He's a tough old guy, isn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't think the AI images look anything like those bloggers!
    Good news about Bert, hope he continues to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm glad that Bert is home and improving. That's good news.

    Mary and I look a little weird!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the top image the most because it's a watercolour I suppose.

    I'm glad that Bert made it home. Hopefully he gets well enough to enjoy his life again.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ha! How did I miss this post?! That is a rather terrifying image of me but it DOES look like a shirt I would wear. And why is John Gray wearing an Arabic robe? AI hasn't quite figured out how to make images of people look natural.

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits