7 August 2023

K!T

 A box was delivered to our door this afternoon:-

It contained  a sturdy new non-stick pan with a lid. I had been wanting a new pan like this one as the handle on our old one's glass lid detached itself some months ago and cannot be reaffixed. Since then I have been using oven gloves to take that lid on and off. The old lid can get pretty hot.

The "K!T" pan is actually made by "BOSH!" but I understand that the German "Bosch" company asserted their legal rights on this project as the two names sound so similar. They have endless funds to ensure legal compliance and when "BOSH!" started off they had a costly naming  battle with"Bosch" that they could ill afford. The names are not even spelt in the same way and British people have been using the word "bosh" without the "c" for donkey's years.

It is a great pan - heavy and substantial and I am sure I will be using it for many more years - probably till I cannot cook any more. It's kind of cool to think that my own son and his "BOSH!" partner Henry are responsible for this sidetrack from vegan cookery. I think they have had a few headaches with the process but hey - nothing ventured, nothing gained. We remain immensely proud of our Ian.

24 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful pan, Neil. I googled it and it's made from 120 recycled cans! Cool! Well done, Bosh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea how profitable pan sales are going to be but it is a damned good one Ellen.

      Delete
  2. There's nothing like good quality cookware! and a big bonus to buy it from BOSH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a fine pan and well done by your favourite son!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I am aware, he is the only son I have got Andrew.

      Delete
  4. That's a lovely pan and it's made from recycled cans? Well done to your son and Henry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't stay still. Gotta keep developing.

      Delete
  5. Speaking of Bosh!, I came across some food packages (was it for a couscous dish? can't remember) in one of Ripon's food shops and meant to go back to buy one or two to take home, but then found my suitcase getting full and heavy already with the five books I bought.
    The name thing is silly. Nobody would take Bosh! products for Bosch products, would they.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems wrong that Bosch can be so overbearing.

      Delete
  6. It has a domed lid! Excellent! And it is nice to look at.
    My frypan has a flat lid which I rarely use. The electric frypan has a slightly domed lid, but it is more flat than rounded. I rarely use that pan anyway with only myself to cook for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For years I have used the old deep pan - almost every day.

      Delete
  7. That looks like a very fine pan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you clouted somebody with it you could cause a serious injury.

      Delete
  8. Glad that Bosh are recycling stuff. A shallow pan with a lid is a must, I use a Creuset pan as you can cook most things in it, and the lid keeps the food cooking when the gas is switched off, so such pans are economic. What next will they think of? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another book is out this month. Controversially, it is called "MEAT!"

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. It feels and looks like a top notch pan.

      Delete
  10. I have a lot of Bosch in my garage but not one Bosh in my kitchen.

    Sort of reminds me of an author selling books now under the name Stephen R. King. If it weren't for the R, the jackets are identical in type font to the middle initial-less Stephen King's books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point so how come Stephen R. King got away with it?

      Delete
  11. If I didn't already have all of the perfectly terrific pans I need, I would look into that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy cooking in it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had no idea Bosh! markets kitchenware! That's cool. Next time I need a pan I'll remember that. (And I won't buy BOSCH.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks a great pan. Shirley had better watch out.

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits