21 August 2023

Worldle

Look again at that title word. It's Worldle and not Wordle. Worldle is an online quiz game that tests geographical knowledge. New games appear every day but the logging of results is not as  exacting as with Wordle.

If, like me, you get off on geography then you may well enjoy testing your geographical knowledge via Worldle.

This is how a typical game goes. You are given the silhouette of a country. You have to guess the name of that country. If you get it wrong, Worldle will tell you how far away from the correct country your guess was and it will also provide an arrow to tell you the direction of the answer.

You are allowed six guesses. Next you may be given silhouettes of neighbouring countries and you have to try to name them. After that, you may be asked to identify the country's flag, the size of its population, its capital and its currency.

After that first phase, you can move on with either "WHERETAKEN (USA)" or "WHERETAKEN (World)". This begins with a random image and you have to guess which state or country it is in. Again you get six chances and the game will tell you how far away you are.

Other questions linked to the solution state or  country will follow and if you get them right  you earn stars that will improve your star rating. I am sure that I do not have to tell you that the photo above was taken in Tajikistan.

I enjoy Worldle and if you would like to try it, you will find it here. Have fun!

15 comments:

  1. I will look for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do Worldle, Statele, Statle, WhereTaken world and US. Then I move on to Wordle and Octordle. Sometimes I do Connections. They give me something to do while I'm drinking my coffee. Retirement life, ahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting ... I may like this better than Worldle, though some of my geography knowledge is sorely lacking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Worldle but haven't tried wheretaken. Guess what I'm off to do now?!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No No No No No. I already spend too much time online, also I'm no good at this type of thing. I know that learning new things is good for the brain, cognitive learning and all that, but I still won't try this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our pub quiz sometimes includes a question where you are shown the silhouette of a country or island and have to name them. Extra points if you know the capital.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have been doing Worldle for ages, but some weeks ago it changed to being in French and we can't seem to get the English version back. It is wordle.teuteuf.fr, exactly as the one you posted ! Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can cope with Wordle but I'll leave Worldle to others. Countries I'd have a go at (possibly) but the states of the USA ? No.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a geography dunce so probably not a game for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not one I've heard of this before, so will take a look.
    Since I took my A Level Geography (back in the dark ages!) the world has changed beyond recognition. Proof is that there are even less little pink bits left than on the last Sunday Times Concise World Atlas I bought thirty or more years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The top one is Yorkshire. Easy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have found I am terrible at shapes. Ask me the general location of a country and I can tell you but ask me to match it to the shape and I'm horrible, at least for all but a handful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard of this game but I've never tried it. Re. that photo, I would never have guessed Tajikistan! For some reason I thought the "stans" were mostly deserts or arid grasslands.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now you are just showing off, Neil. I am no good at geography and would stink at these games. I don't know anything about Tajikistan and had to look at Steve's comment above mine so I would know how to spell it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I used to be pretty good at geography so I gave your game a try. Let me just say that Worldle tests my patience. I'll stick with Wordle.

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits