12 February 2024

Orinoco

You have probably heard of the Amazon sales giant. You can get just about anything from Amazon but it all began with books.

As I am eager to be ultra-rich just like Jeff Bezos, I have decided to launch my own sales giant which I have decided to name after another South American river - The Orinoco. This will be our logo and in the next year or two it is bound to become as familiar as the "a" of Amazon:-

Following Mr Bezos's example, we are starting off with books - specifically eight books by bloggers that are exclusive to "Orinoco". Each title may be purchased directly from Yorkshire Pudding for the unbelievably low price of $20 US + postage and packing...
A charming and amusing  tale of life in a North Wales 
village - a modern day "Under Milkwood".
"Roger, come here you little bugger!"

A tenderly written novel about love and life in a sultry Florida community.
"What ya doing honey?"
"Just planting beans."
"Splendid read!" - Tallahassee Democrat

The true story of how a king penguin from Washington Zoo  travelled the world. From the author of  the bestselling"The American Bar Association in Disneyworld".

A romantic romp through the hills of south west Ireland.
"She wanted him like nothing she had ever wanted before."

Edwards's linguistic skills are legendary and quite endearing.
"I didn't understand a frigging word" - Liverpool Echo

Deception and intrigue from The Isle of Man's top crime writer.
"Lord Peregrine grabbed the hold-all and sprinted to the helicopter"

It's surprising what you can see from the balcony of a high rise 
apartment in a little known Australian city.
"The cover design is as remarkable as the book itself!" - The Age

The true story of a Yorkshire lad raised in the wetlands near Goole 
who battled against the odds to become the assistant 
manager of a supermarket in Huddersfield.
"I liked potted meat in my sandwiches in them days".
"Recommended if you have trouble sleeping" - The Huddersfield Daily Examiner

43 comments:

  1. Surprised that you have so many readers who've written stories. I follow Graham and never once did I hear about a book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graham is a very modest man - just like you! See the next blogpost!

      Delete
  2. Are these very clever photos or are they actual page turning books? They do look interesting, but I'm very sure I can't afford the packing and postage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can do you a special deal Elsie. TWO books for $40!

      Delete
  3. I would read them all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of them are rather raunchy for a sophisticated lady like your good self!

      Delete
  4. Amazon is in my back yard, YP. Almost literally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You live in South America? I thought you lived in Washington state!

      Delete
  5. I love my book cover, and the others. One thing you have failed to mention is the percentage of profits Orinoco returns to the authors?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably about the same as A, better not order the new Bentley based on the hoped for windfall.

      Delete
    2. Orinoco likes to be fair and transparent with our partners. You receive a wholesome 2% of each and every book sale.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Yours is coming dear! See the next blogpost.

      Delete
  7. I'm not overly keen on some of the cover designs but if Orinoco is the undoing of Amazon/ Bezos I won't complain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best designers in Europe spent weeks on these stunning book designs!!!!

      Delete
  8. A very timely offer from Orinoko, since my pile of to-be-read books is nearing an all-time low. Do I get a package deal if I order them all? Or how about a special bonus for being one of the first customers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Business is business gnädige Frau! Orinoco is not a charity!

      Delete
  9. You will have us all offering our blogs for books, brilliant post, brilliant work you clever ole thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clearly you can spot talent when you see it Puppy!

      Delete
  10. Ha, ha...very clever. I love those book covers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a little upset when a guy nicknamed Yorkie was poisoned in Chapter Two.

      Delete
  11. JayCee Manx is a brilliant pen name. I would read them all and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JayCee Manx describes a steamy liaison between the female protagonist and an Anglo-Irish plant man in The Acacia Boutique Hotel in Douglas.

      Delete
  12. Very clever front covers. Give you a box of paints and goodness knows what you will come up with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your book will be displayed in the next blogpost.

      Delete
  13. Oh, Mr. P.! You did make me smile this morning. You've been busy with the AI again, haven't you? Thank you. I love my book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you like the example of the dialogue?

      Delete
    2. Of course! Pretty much sums up life in Lloyd! Planting beans and working on cars.

      Delete
  14. I remember the first time I heard about Amazon, a company dedicated to selling books out of Washington. As an avid book reader, I was instantly hooked on their business and thought it was the greatest thing ever. But like all good things, it sort of got out of control and now it is more like an evil giant that has taken over the world and there is not much any of us can do about it.

    You didn't say but do you offer 2-day shipping?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No! Two month shipping is available for an extra fee which will be disclosed at checkout. Oh by the way - see the next blogpost!

      Delete
  15. I could use a ghost writer on this project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have got news for you David - ghosts don't exist!

      Delete
  16. YP these are excellent! You might have given these authors a nudge, and who knows, they might all be tempted to put pen to paper...or fingers to keyboard. The illustrations, by - AI I presume - are very convincing.
    Only criticism is that the price is a bit too high for those of us who buy Amazon books, for their Kindle, at 99p!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Orinoco books are not available to Kindle users I am afraid. Sorry.

      Delete
  17. You've been playing with AI again. Haven't you, Neil?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Blushing) No I have not been playing with my AI auntie!

      Delete
  18. Do you have the book by Neil Pudding: Sheep, And Where To Find Them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so popular it is now out of print!

      Delete
  19. You and AI have really upped your game with this thoughtful post. Wonderful!! I sure hope that you become a gazillionaire by promoting and selling books, Mr. Pudding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The money will not change me sister. I will still be the same though I will be travelling in a private jet and I will wear cool shades and eat in fancy restaurants.

      Delete
  20. Might be worth it just for the covers... Even if the contents can probably already be found online, chapter by chapter. Any chance of getting them as audio books? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do not have a facility for creating audio books so you will just have to pay the full price for a physical book Monica!

      Delete
  21. Very late to the party x

    ReplyDelete

Mr Pudding welcomes all genuine comments - even those with which he disagrees. However, puerile or abusive comments from anonymous contributors will continue to be given the short shrift they deserve. Any spam comments that get through Google/Blogger defences will also be quickly deleted.

Most Visits